Search results

1. fishkiller

Bowl to floor, or tank to bowl

Should I set the bowl to the floor first, then attach the tank to the bowl or attach the tank first and then set the combined bowl/tank? I'm sure I'll have shimming to do. I plan on dry fitting the bowl alone so I can see where the shims are needed. Thanks, Jim
  2. fishkiller

How to align "fixed left edge" on RainBird 42 SA rotors?

What's the best way to get the "fixed left edge" on these rotors to line up with my property line? For instance, if my desired position is 12:00 and the rotor's left edge points to 9:00, should I back off the rotor 3/4 of a turn, or really (cross my fingers and) torque it down another 1/4 of...
  3. fishkiller

Need help turning on drip irrigation system

Turning on your system You want the isolation valve ball outlet and both Febco test cocks closed, and the isolation valve ball inlet open. Some water will spill out of the top of the Febco as it pressurizes. If water continues to pour out of the Febco you have a problem. Once the Febco...
  4. fishkiller

Design for easy removal of a PVB?

Thanks for the speedy reply I got the same answer at lunch today from a guy at the big orange box store - nice to have it confirmed by an expert here.
  5. fishkiller

Design for easy removal of a PVB?

I need help in coming up with a way to easily remove my PVB without having to cut the 1" PVC each time. What type of threaded connections can I use that will not leak? I can post a picture of my current piping if needed. Right now the supply comes out of my crawl space just above grade level...
  6. fishkiller

How to free a "frozen" joint?

Heat did the trick Thanks for the suggestions! fish
  7. fishkiller

How to free a "frozen" joint?

I have a crack in one of the (brass?) isolation ball valves that is connected to my pressure vacumn breaker. I want to replace the valve without damaging the PVB, but I can't break the joint free using "brute force". I haven't used WD-40 on it yet, so that's my next step. If that fails...
  8. fishkiller

Leveling a low spot AFTER laying HardieBacker Board

Thanks for your replies I set the remaining cbu in thinset and will tape the seams tonight. I'll post back after leveling the floor this weekend and let everyone know my results. Jim
  9. fishkiller

Leveling a low spot AFTER laying HardieBacker Board

I put down half of my HB boards before noticing that my floor drops 1/4 inch in a span of 17 inches. Do you think it will work if I build a 1/4 inch form along the wall on the low side and use thinset to build up the floor? I've attached a diagram of the bathroom in order for you to visualize...
  10. fishkiller

How to install an Oatey flange spacer?

My kit came with 2 gaskets, 1 spacer and 2 bolts (but, oddly, no instructions). I can see how a gasket is needed between the existing flange and the spacer, but why a 2nd gasket? Do I install a 2nd flange on top of the 2nd gasket so I end up with existing flange => gasket => spacer => gasket...
  11. fishkiller

Should I use air chambers?

First time poster - go easy on me! I'm replacing a vanity. The supply comes up through the floor and connects to T fittings. The horizontal outlet of each T runs to the shut off valve, then on to the faucet. The vertical outlet of the T extends another 18 inches or so upward and forms the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks