Search results

1. J

Help locating Kohler tub drain part

Hello, I went to clean out my Kohler tub drain, and in the process I accidentally dropped a part of the drain open/close mechanism down into the drain. I've attached a picture of the drain mechanism, and also the inside of the drain. The part I lost is a brass piece that connects the drain...
  2. J

venting with ejector pit system in basement

My plumber is wanting to go with 2" also, so I think that is what we're going to do. I'm hoping to tie everything together down in the basement rather than right before exiting the roof. If I had to run separate vents up the wall all the way into the attic for the pit, sink, and toilet, I...
  3. J

So one vent for all three things (ejector pit, sink, toilet) is ok as long as I follow the venting rules of slope and 42" above the floor? Thanks again.
  4. J

Is 4" the proper size vent for an ejector pit? And just for clarification... If the vent goes from the basement to the ceiling, then I can tie the vent from the toilet into the ejector pit vent down in the basement wall as long as the tie in happens at least 42" from the floor? Sorry for...
  5. J

Thanks hj. So can we just run one large vent out the roof for the pit and also vent the toilet and sink with that same vent?
  6. J

Thanks guys. I got a second opinion, and the other plumber could not figure out why the first guy said the vent would have to run up where the discharge line hooked in with the main drain. This new guy wants to run a vent straight up from the pit and out the roof. One more question for you...
  7. J

Vent location? Hi Redwood, Thanks for the reply. I'm totally onboard with having everything vented properly, and I definitely want to have a dedicated vent for the ejector pit. I just don't understand why my plumber says it has to be vented out the roof where it connects to the main drain...
  8. J

Hello, I had a plumber come out to look at adding a bathroom in my basement. The main drain is above grade, so we're looking at an ejector pit setup. The pit is roughly 30 feet away from the main drain, so we'll have to run the discharge line from the pit about 30 feet. So far, this all makes...
  9. J

Rear outlet toilets

I'm not thrilled about being a guinea pig, but I'm not thrilled about breaking the floor either, so I think I'm going to give the Zoeller system a try. Btw, I mistyped earlier, the system is called the Zoeller Qwik Jon Ultima, NOT Qwik Jon Ultra. Chris
  10. J

Rear outlet toilets

Thanks for the info about the Flushmate. The room I'm working with is very small, only room for a sink and bowl, so I don't think I'm going to go the sump route. I'd really like to hear some someone who has used either the Sanigrind or the Qwik Jon Ultra with a rear-outlet toilet. I'm...
  11. J

Rear outlet toilets

Hello, I'm looking into adding a bathroom in my basement, and I'm interested in using a rear-outlet toilet with a macerating box made either by zoeller (the qwik jon ultra) or saniflo (the sanigrind). I know that both zoeller and saniflo offer complete packages with toilets, but the toilets...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks