Search results

1. fsteyer

Indirect as holding tank

Man, thanks so much for your time giving this in depth answer
  2. fsteyer

Indirect as holding tank

Hi, I have an indirect "left over" from a job. In my house I have a gas fired water heater. My question is can I use the indirect just as an holding tank piped in with the gas water heater. Or is the only way (I'm pretty sure it would be the best way) to put on an additional zone on my boiler...
  3. fsteyer

Restoration Hardware

Hi, on one of my jobs the trim disappeared between rough and now. They sell as a complete package and I'm not too keen on dishing out $700 just to get a handle and escutcheon. Do any other trims fit an RH Valve body? I'm pretty sure they're not making their own and must use some other...
  4. fsteyer

Air curtain

Nobody? :-(
  5. fsteyer

Air curtain

Hi, I'm a residential builder and have a question for you experts please. Is it possible to install a linear ceiling diffuser (air curtain at a French Door) as part of the HVAC system? Is is possible to balance the system to get enough velocity out of the diffuser? Is it possible to install an...
  6. fsteyer

instead of a p-trap ----

Mikey ... I hear you. Many times (any) code approval which is supposed to be in place for the consumer has nothing to do with that. Many times unions stand in the way of progress, especially when it comes to time saving innovations. Some locations won't even allow PEX just because of the unions...
  7. fsteyer

instead of a p-trap ----

more pics .... they are all over German bathroom websites
  8. fsteyer

instead of a p-trap ----

saw these devices on a recent trip to Europe. They call them "Siphon" ... they look much better that p-traps and are much shorter. Are they available (and legal) here? Thanks ....
  9. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

thanks .... actually I didn't commit those sins .... I'm just the one who has to deal with them now. The 1 1/2 pipes were/are buried in concrete .... and the new shower pans all have 2" drains. So I really had no choice to go from 2" to the existing 1 1/2" ........ other than busting up the...
  10. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

thank you ... but would that solve my problem?
  11. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

the shower trap is about 5' from the AAV .... the shower drain pipe is 1 1/2" .... the trap I put in is 2" ...... yes, there is regular a vent on the house system. thanks .......
  12. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

Here are some pics of the setup .... as you can see I added a clean-out to the drain to make things a bit easier. Here's whats happening now: the toilet (closest to the main) never had and has a problem and flushes just fine. The sink drains fine as well since I installed the AAV. The shower...
  13. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

thanks ... looks like it is a clog. I just have to deal with it now.
  14. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

all drain pipes are 1 1/2 " PVC ..... my snake is just a standard 1/2" rollup. thanks again ........
  15. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

don't know for sure ... but I'd say 30 years or so. thanks ....
  16. fsteyer

Slow or no drainage ....

Hi - I'm doing a remodel for a client's basement bathroom. Part of it I am replacing the toiulet, vanity and shower stall with new items using the existing piping. They are next to each other. All drain pipes are in concrete, but I looks like the sink and shower drain run straight into the main...
  17. fsteyer

closet flange ....

ok .. thanks
  18. fsteyer

closet flange ....

Hi - on one of my remodel jobs I am replacing and existing toilet in the basement. Originally it was set directly on slab. Now I put a new floor on 2x4 PT sleepers which raised the finished floor by about 2 1/2 inches. Since the original flange was pretty much cemented in I couldn't remove it...
  19. fsteyer

Hydronic baseboard zone question ...

thanks - ... there are no zone valves right now, only 3 circ pumps. Even with all pumps off I get flow through the upstairs loop. Could you please explain to me why a (one directional) check valve would stop gravity feed since it seems that gravity feed would then just reverse its direction of...
  20. fsteyer

Hydronic baseboard zone question ...

thanks .. so how do you stop that flow? a zone valve?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks