Search results

1. SeattleSoxFan

Yet another disposal connection....

OK, so I've seen about 10 of these in the recent past, so I apologize for not quite finding out the answer after my search. There was a typical sink/dw/disposal in place prior to remodel. The remodel involved changing out the countertops (sweet new concrete counters!) and installing a...
  2. SeattleSoxFan

Plumbing for Outdoor Kitchen

I'm doing a pretty large "remodel" of my back patio involving a whole lot of retaining walls and a new patio surface. I'm still planning out the layout of my "kitchen" which will include a gas grill and a sink (and a sweet brick oven), but I start digging for the walls this week. The utility...
  3. SeattleSoxFan

Where have all the metal fixtures gone?

I went to install a shower bar/hand-shower fixture that a contractor had left for me and thought better of it when the thing felt like it was going to break in my hands. The entire thing (bar, handle, hose, etc.) was plastic! Everything seemed like it was so flimsy that it might break if you so...
  4. SeattleSoxFan

Simple Clog or Something Else??

A friend of mine recently had a home inspector complain about some DIY plumbing done behind her washer. Being moderately handy with piping/plumbing (though certainly not my specialty), I offered to help out. The original issues were: 1. reverse grading of drain pipe 2. short stand pipe for...
  5. SeattleSoxFan

Diverter Valve Issues?

I have two "odd" behaviors in a newly plumbed three-valve tub/shower (Price Pfister). 1. A fairly strong flow of water coming out of the tub while the shower is in use. (This made me initially suspect the diverter valve.) 2. When the water is turned off, it continues to drain out of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks