Search results

1. Hdmstng

I beam in the way of P Trap

Hi All, Converting our old tub/shower to a walk in shower and the plan was to move the new 2" drain to the center. Unfortunately there is a steel I beam in the way (red outline in the first picture). The second picture shows where the trap would go if it was dead center in the shower and the...
  2. Hdmstng

1/2" copper to 3/4" propex adapter

We are remodeling our bathroom and need to move the plumbing to the opposite wall. Currently have 1/2" copper lines and planned to use 3/4" ProPEX PEX A for the extension. We are going below the joists and back up, and it will be maybe 9 feet extra for each line to the new shower valve...
  3. Hdmstng

Bathroom Sink Drain Recommendation

Our current bathroom sink gets clogged all the time. Between makeup, hair and toothpaste I have to clear it out every couple of weeks with one of those snakes that grabs the hair. We are remodeling and have a new vanity and top and was looking for a recommendation for an easy to clear...
  4. Hdmstng

Name of this outdoor spigot

I am looking to add a remote spigot that is closer to my garden, which is about 100 feet away from the house. I wanted to replace the current spigot with something along the lines in the picture, that has a hose bib as well as an outlet that I can run the water line to the remote spigot near my...
  5. Hdmstng

Dual Outdoor Spigot

I'd like to add an outdoor spigot near my shed and garden that is about 100 feet from the house. In addition would like to add a spigot at the house where I plan to start the run to the shed. Have easy access to the water line from the basement and can tap right in. Basically will come out...
  6. Hdmstng

Replacement line from meter through foundation

We have a leak between the meter and our house and are set to have it repaired this Wed. In discussing the plans, they will do the trenchless and bore a hole a few inches below our current line through the concrete foundation wall. They will then pull copper K back through the hole and connect...
  7. Hdmstng

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Duct Support

I'm looking to install an 80 CFM Broan XB80 bathroom exhaust fan in our first floor bathroom (5' x 12'). The bathroom was built with no fan and I will have no access from above. Duct can be either 6" or 4" as well. I plan to run the duct parallel to the floor joists and out the side of the...
  8. Hdmstng

Need a new toilet, Eco Drake?

Looking to replace our 1971 toilet and trying to determine what to get. My wife has a couple of requirements, it needs to be standard height, 15", a round bowl, and it must be a good flusher! The toilet we are replacing clogged a lot! That leads me to the Eco Drake. There is a 1.28 and a 1.6...
  9. Hdmstng

Venting options for gas water heater

We have a 50 gallon gas water heater that vents out through a 3" double walled pipe that Y's into a 6" (single walled from what I can tell) horizontal run, then takes a 90 degree turn up from the basement into a double walled pipe, and then up out the roof, ~30'. What I believe happened was the...
  10. Hdmstng

Bending 3/8" copper tubing with a slight flat spot.

We relocated our dishwasher during our remodel to the other side of the sink so I'm running new 3/8" copper tubing for the hookup. I'm using the slip on springs to make the bends but still ended up with some what of a flat / flattened spot in one of my 90 degree turns. Would post a picture but...
  11. Hdmstng

Looking for a Kohler Portrait Toilet from the mid '90's, K3490

Any suggestions for a dealer that may have the Kohler Portrait K3490 (Tank is K4590 and bowl is 4217) that was made around 1996 or 1997? Toilets have come a long way in terms of flushing and this toilet is being used as a standard 'bad' flusher for research purposes. Not knocking the Kohler...
  12. Hdmstng

Adding an additional drain waste line to an existing line.

Greetings! I was hoping to get some advice and or confirmation on adding an additional drain waste line to an existing line for a utility sink in my garage. There is a 1/2 bath on the other side of the wall where I'd like to put the utility sink and I can tap in to the waste line and...
  13. Hdmstng

crooked PVC toilet flange

I've been remodeling a bathroom and went to install the PVC toilet flange on and it set crooked! The right side is a hair off the tile but the left side is ~1/4 inch up off the floor. If I screw it down, the right side should be tight with the floor, but no way for the left side, still about...
  14. Hdmstng

Toilet Flange: Is this ok?

I'm remodeling my bathroom (completely gutted) and am getting ready to tile. The toilet drain elbow was replaced, and my plumber purchased a fit inside flange. He left with my a piece of pipe to cut once the floor is installed to set the flange. After reading on here about how the fit inside...
  15. Hdmstng

Wood SubFloor Flattening

My floor has a bit of a slope to it and I'm trying to figure out the best way to flatten/level the floor prior to installing the tub. This is a 60" x 30" tub and the directions state to attach a 2x4 to the wall at 13 5/8" level. Problem is, from the upper left corner the floor drops ~1/4" to...
  16. Hdmstng

Drain Waste Valve for Tub

I'm remodeling my bathroom and have completely gutted it save the plumbing. I purchased the following drain waste valve, http://www.watts.com/pro/_productsFull.asp?pid=1430&ref=1 and I was curious to know if I should use any teflon tape on the threads? The directions only call for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks