Search results

1. Garydaplummer

White specks in water

I have a customer who was experiencing whilte specks in their kitchen faucet, a pull-out sprayer type Delta. The faucet aerator was getting blocked by them. I took the spray head off the hose and ran water in a glass, it only came from the hot water. These specks were soft to the touch. I...
  2. Garydaplummer

Bradford white issue

Having a problem with a BW 40 gallon gas power vent, 7 years old. The water heater stopped working and I checked it out, the ignitor was not heating up. Replaced the ignitor and the problem did not go away. As soon as the unti is plugged in the blower starts and that's all. Called the local...
  3. Garydaplummer

Covering PEX stubouts

What have you plumbers used to cover PEX tubing where the stubouts are exposed? I have a couple places on a job where I had to come up through the floor for toilet supplies and would like to cover the PEX with something for appearance purposes.
  4. Garydaplummer

New Kohler - problems out of the box

Just installed a Kohler San Raphael one-piece toilet for a customer. It has been installed a week. On site today another contractor saw a puddle of water at the toilet and called me over. Found water running down the side of the unit. Took the lid off and turns out when it's flushed the fill...
  5. Garydaplummer

Van shelving & divider screen

Buying a replacement van for the business and was wondering if any of you have found a good source you use for utility shelving and a divider wall between the front seats and the cargo area. I receive American Van's catalog but would like to look at some other sources if you know any. The old...
  6. Garydaplummer

Sloan parts needed

I need two Sloan F29A outlets (the part going from the bottom of the flushometer valve to the spud on the urinal). These parts are the old style without the vacuum breaker, just a flanged piece that reduces down to 3/4 for the top spud. They can vary in length from 6 to 10 inches, I can use...
  7. Garydaplummer

Add on draft inducer

Have a customer with an LP gas water heater sidewall vented through a draft inducer added to the horizontal flue piping. He wants me to replace the water heater and wants to continue to use the draft inducer. There are two "switches" screwed to the hood on top of the water heater with wires...
  8. Garydaplummer

Water Heater Restart

I have a relative's home that has sat unoccupied with the water shut off all winter. We are getting ready to turn the water back on (has a well) and clean up the house to put it on the market. It has an electric water heater that was drained down (yes, after turning the power off) and has sat...
  9. Garydaplummer

Under sink filter

Have a customer looking for an under sink filter to remove chlorine taste at the kitchen faucet cold water. Most of what I'm finding are whole house size filters or filters with dedicated faucets. My customer does not care for that idea. Only one I found close was a Whirlpool at the big box...
  10. Garydaplummer

Manufacturer Testimony

Just wanted to take a moment to recognize what I feel is exceptional customer service. I have a customer in her mid-late 70s who had a problem with the diverter in her Moen three handle tub/shower faucet. Her husband put it in 5-7 years ago (did a nice job, too) and passed away 3 years ago. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks