Search results

1. edwardh3

Tank water heater- dielectric union? heat trap?

Replacing a 40 gal electric water heater that now is connected by flex copper. The general installation instructions on the Love Page for water heater replacement do not mention heat traps - either loops or nipples. If you use flex copper lines, how much "loop" heigth do you need- do you need it...
  2. edwardh3

Foreign dual flush toilets

answer to a flush mechanism that give a choice of big or small flush
  3. edwardh3

Foreign dual flush toilets

Went to South AFrica and Namibia last month- everywhere were dual flush toilets- small button for small flush, larger for larger flush- are there any conversion kits for US toilets?
  4. edwardh3

buying faucets online

On line I went to the plumbing store locally to get a Grohe faucet and they said we have to order it- I went home and ordered it myself much cheaper - using it 8 years now- a good faucet
  5. edwardh3

Water heater ratings

Its a heigth issue Not money- my heater is under the house and I have a 16 year old 50 gal a o smith heater that just fit thru the entry door in the cement and then just stood upright by 1 or 2 inches under the floor joists in the crawl space, right under the bathrooms. the replacement a o...
  6. edwardh3

Box store water heaters

so the only real "not junk" brand is Rheem, which is Japanese owned I think, , which is sold in box stores as GE at Home depot? Right? is that the summary?
  7. edwardh3

Box store water heaters

in my city a o smith brand is sold to anyone with money. I bought mine that way myself 16 years ago. I am not a plumber.
  8. edwardh3

Water heater ratings

Thanks but it helped on who made what but not in explaining how the smaller heater has better first hour capacity???? IS someone fibbing??
  9. edwardh3

Box store water heaters

They seem to be on south east coast home depot- GE (Rheem made?) Lowes- Whirlpool - (American water heater made?) Does this mean there are no A O smith heaters in box stores?
  10. edwardh3

Are Reliance hot water heaters a sub-company of Whirlpool?

so there are no a o smith heaters in the box stores then? As lowes whirlpool is american heater, and home depot's GE is Rheem??
  11. edwardh3

Water heater ratings

16 year old 50 gal a o smith ECjf electric water heater first hour rating is 53 gallons. new rheem 47 gallon is rated at 55 gal first hour, both 4500 watt elements how is that possible? ---------------------------------- and who makes whirlpool heaters? Ao smith? rheem? someone else?
  12. edwardh3

Heat loop at water heater, other ? too

thanks I already have the male adapters in place. just wondering about the heater end. any idea on loop heigth- or where I could go to look it up?
  13. edwardh3

Heat loop at water heater, other ? too

many sites say to put a heat loop on the tank style water water heater to stop the rise of hot water from the heater. 1. do I need it on both the hot and cold connections? 2. how high must the loop be (how much of a loop up then back down) 3. Are there advantages/ disadvantages of flex...
  14. edwardh3

Strange New Water Heater behavior

What temp so are the thermostats set at the same temp like say 120 degrees?
  15. edwardh3

Washing Machine sucking traps dry

try a water hose on the vents
  16. edwardh3

Why does the Manufacturer say this?

St Thomas, a maker of nice sink bowls, says do not use a wrench on the drain fitting- tighten only. Are their products so weak that a wrench on the drain pipe nut will break the porcelain bowl? They actually say "hand tighten only" on a sticker next to the bowl drain hole. seems silicone would...
  17. edwardh3

Toilet Shims?

New tile floor is not entirely level around one side of the toilet. From about 12:30 o clock- at the back of the toilet where it sits on the floor, going counter clockwise to 11, 9, down almost 5 oclock (at the front) the floor is level and in contact with the toilet. The floor is unlevel from...
  18. edwardh3

Plumbers putty? Overrated?

why does the mfg say this? St Thomas, a maker of nice sink bowls, says do not use a wrench on the drain fitting- tighten only. Are their producys so weal that a wrench on the drain will break the porcelain bowl? They actually say "hand tighten only" seems silicone would seal up the big...
  19. edwardh3

Can a Plumber replace only the center spout?

I want a spout that swivels left and right. The plumbing lines to the spout are below the deck - cant get to them from side or below - I do not mind cutting into the deck after removing some tile, but could a plumber replace just the spout? or do you have to replace the cross lines to the...
  20. edwardh3

Plumbers putty? Overrated?

With the arrival of other sealants, is the recommendation to use plumbers putty overrated? seems to me (limited knowledge) that it is hard to work with, no adhesion, drys out and cracks molds etc like for sink bowl drain fittings
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks