Search results

1. Ron in SC

Tankless water heater: Point of use

Is there any rule of thumb for distance to the end use when using an end use tankless electric hot water heater? I an considering putting one in my garage. Useage will consist of front loader washing machine, sink, and shower. Shower will rarely be used. Tank would be mounted in a closet...
  2. Ron in SC

Tightening tank to bowl: Advice please

I brought a American Standard Cadet 3. Everything installed except tightening of tank to bowel. Directions say to tighten until tank just rests on bowl. I've tightened a fair amount and fasteners seem pretty tight. Do not want to overtighened and crack something. Gasket is installed between...
  3. Ron in SC

Supply lines for water heater: Braided ones

What is advisabilty for using the stainless steel braided supply line on a hot water tank?
  4. Ron in SC

Pressure tank required by code

Our code requires a pressure tank for a hot water heater, no well involved. Is the pressure tank really necessary or is it only necessary because the code says it is?
  5. Ron in SC

Hot Water heater sizing question

I need to install water heater for detached garage, it will have to be electric. How big a tank to I need? It will need to supply hot water to following: -front loader washing machine, used only to wash items used in connection with use of garage -sink -shower; which will be used...
  6. Ron in SC

Temperature setting for each water heater element

Should both heater elements be set to same temperature in a 50 gal lowboy tank?
  7. Ron in SC

Inexpensive low end toliet needed

I need to put a toliet in my detached garage I've just had built. It has a tiny bathroom with a small shower stall. The bathroom will not be used that much so I don't really feel like I need to put in a highend toliet. Any recommendations for a lower end model? I understand that it will...
  8. Ron in SC

TOTO Ultramax One Piece Round ADA Toilet

Does Toto make an ADA compliant round toliet in the Ultramax?
  9. Ron in SC

Framless glass shower enclosures?

Can anyone recommend some companies that make high end glass enclosures for showers. Doors need to be frameless and at least 3/8" thick glass.
  10. Ron in SC

Matching pump h.p. to well point size and length?

Do I need to match a new well (shallow well, 20ft.) to a particular horsepower pump motor? The well point is 2" diameter and the screen part is 5 ft. I don't know the water output yet. I did hook it up to a 2" gas powered trash pump to see what I'd get in the way of sediment and the like...
  11. Ron in SC

Sand samples from 4" wide 20' deep bored hole

I need to have soil bearing verification testing done for a house addition and a detached garage so I figured I'd put a well screen down one of the holes. I use a 2" PVC screen and placed it at 18' below the current grade. The results of the split spoon samples are as follows: The...
  12. Ron in SC

Pump will not shut off: Pressure Switch?

Pump did not shut off after I used it. I cut power and then turned it back on and it shut off. I tried to adjust pressure switch but not much luck. Low pressure turn on is not right either. Does not turn on at high enough pressure. I adjusted high and low pressure some months ago and it...
  13. Ron in SC

Well Point size? 1 1/4" or 2"

I week ago I had a geotek firm do some soil bearing verification testing. They drilled two 20" holes that are about 4" in diameter and 20' deep. I figured I might as well use one for another well. I was wondering whether I should use a 2" wellpoint or should I just stay with the 1 1/4" I...
  14. Ron in SC

How do get thru gravel?

I decided to try to go a little deeper to get my old well working better. It's 22 years old and when it doesn't rain for awhile I had to prime it every time before I used it. Anyway I pulled up old wellpoint, probably a mistake, and now I can not get past 12'. I had filled the wellhole around...
  15. Ron in SC

Problem with new well, output pressure drops off

New well, 20' deep, plenty of water. Pump will prime and run but it will drop down to about 5 psi or less and then pump back up slowly but only to 20 psi at most. If I stop outlet water the pump will pump back up and then shut off as it should. What might be going on?
  16. Ron in SC

Lift station question

I will need a lift station for a bathroom with sink, shower, and toilet in garage I'm building. Where can I get a small lift station for this type of use? Neither Lowes, nor Home Depot sell them in my area.
  17. Ron in SC

What type of pipe to use

What is the best type of pipe to use to run water supply from house to garage? I live in Charleston, SC so it does not get freezing cold very often.
  18. Ron in SC

Pressure Switch Adjusted: High Only?

From what I understand the difference between high and low pressure is supposed to be 20 psi. Why is that important, neccessary or whatever? My switch is factory set at 20psi-40psi. I installed a small 2 gallon tank and set pressure with tank empty at 18 psi. I set my high cut off...
  19. Ron in SC

Priming problems?

I can not get my new Myers HJ75S to prime. Pump is 3/4 HP Facts: This is a replacement pump for one that wore out, in other words the well point is down 19 ft. and water is plentifull and clear. I can get water from well with a pitcher pump. Myers pump is working properly, did trouble...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks