Search results

1. Sterling

Water Hammer - How Many Arresters Needed?

The water hammer seems to have become an issue over the last few years as the plumbing fixtures have been replaced. Nothing has been tampered with. And being recently retired, I am just home more now to hear it. For example, if I stand in the adjacent room while someone closes the shower valve...
  2. Sterling

Thanks for the reply. The valves aren't being closed unusually quickly. Just normal use. If they are deliberately closed slowly there is no noise. And yes, when the valve closes it bangs hard (so much that I thought a pipe was loose). The one hammering shower valve definitely has a shorter...
  3. Sterling

I have a water hammer issue mainly affecting two bathrooms, one directly above the other. The hammer is present when both toilet valves close, when closing the cold water on both sinks and when closing one of the shower valves. I added arresters to the washing machine about 10 years ago and it...
  4. Sterling

Problem installing drain in Maax shower kit.

Thanks for the thought-starter.:) I wonder if a cutting wheel on a dremel would work?
  5. Sterling

Problem installing drain in Maax shower kit.

I purchased a Maax ABS shower kit and it includes a "Wedge-lock no-caulk" drain assembly. The instructions indicate that the drain pipe needs to be 1/2" below the bottom of the base. The problem is that the bottom of the base at the drain hole measures only 1/4" to the concrete basement floor. I...
  6. Sterling

Supply line design and size for 2nd bathroom

Thanks for the input. Just so I understand, I should run 3 separate lines from the 3/4" supply and 2 separate lines from the hot water supply line close to the HW tank? Sound right?
  7. Sterling

Supply line design and size for 2nd bathroom

I am adding a new bathroom in my basement directly below the main floor bathroom. After looking at Terry's chart on supply line sizes, it looks like branching off the main floor bathroom's 1/2" lines will lead to problems. I'm wondering if my supply system will properly support the new bathroom...
  8. Sterling

Connecting PEX to copper?

Thanks for the replies. I'll head on down to the plumbing supply shop to see what they have. One more question. When I tap into existing lines to feed the new lines are there any concerns about where or how many times I can T off of existing lines? In my case I was planning to cut into the hot...
  9. Sterling

Connecting PEX to copper?

Hi everyone. I am adding a basement bathroom and have a question about running the new supply lines. The main floor bathroom is directly above so I have good access to the existing copper. Initially, I had planned to just T off with new copper. After reading a little about PEX I thought it would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks