Search results

1. Macman

Outdoor carpet adhesive question

Not exactly a remodel question, but the best place for this question that I could find. I'm going to put olefin outdoor carpet on a covered concrete porch (stoop). It sounds like the accepted method is to use an adhesive made specifically for this purpose. If 5 years down the road I want to...
  2. Macman

Question about Polyseamseal or other caulk

A couple of years ago after some time spent on this forum we bought a Toto Drake 1.6 to replace an old upstairs toilet and never looked back. Per the pros here I sealed around the bottom with Polyseamseal caulk (except for the rear). Now we've just replaced the downstairs toilet with another...
  3. Macman

Is "dry" mold a problem?

Our basement had water problems for many years. I suspect that with it going on so long, mold has to be an issue. The water problem has been solved, and the basement has been dry for about 6 months. Now I wonder if I have to worry about the mold. Will it continue to thrive in a dry basement...
  4. Macman

What sealant for window well?

My brother installed a hinged window well cover earlier this year. Where the cover meets the brick of the house he used clear silicone seal. A couple of weeks ago we discovered that the silicone seal did not adhere well to the brick and has pulled away. Before I attempt to seal this again, I'm...
  5. Macman

Second floor, no ground

I'm a long-time lurker, sometimes poster who would like to ask a very general electrical question. We live in an older home - basement (unfinished), two living levels, plus a finished attic. My computer room is on the second floor, where the circuits are ungrounded. Although I know it's not the...
  6. Macman

Shower valve installation question

In the process of installing a Delta single handle valve for my shower. The instructions say that cold goes on the right, and hot on the left. Directly below this is the following: If you are making a back to back or reverse installation (hot on right and cold on left) install the valve body...
  7. Macman

Oversized circulating pump repercussions?

A general boiler knowledge question, please. If a circulating pump in a hot water boiler system (residential) is oversized, causing too much flow in the system, what problems could this cause?
  8. Macman

A question about washing machine traps

In the thread below entitled Washing machine trap, Terry states that the trap cannot go in the basement because it has to be above the floor level of the floor on which the washing machine is located. I was wondering if Terry, or someone, could explain to me why this is. I'm just a lurker who...
  9. Macman

Sealing grout

Looking for a good grout sealer (ceramic tiles, 1/4 inch grout lines) that can be applied after the grout is installed (not mixed in with the grout - the grout is already down). I understand that some of this stuff can be kind of hard to work with and if you get it on the tiles it can be a...
  10. Macman

What is ceramic tile caliber?

I have 15 boxes of 17 inch ceramic tiles sitting in my garage waiting for installation (see post below http://https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21310). These were ordered (as opposed to getting them from available stock) so that they would all come from the same dye lot. The control...
  11. Macman

Cermic tile direction?

My brother is getting ready to lay ceramic floor tile (17 inch) in our kitchen. He has the expertise, so the only question that has really come up is whether to lay them in a "standard" direction, parallel to the walls, or to lay them at 45 degrees. This is an old house, old kitchen. The walls...
  12. Macman

Why open-ended seats?

Here's a change-of-pace question. Why are commercial toilet seats open-ended, while home seats are a full closed loop? We've been trying to figure this out but haven't come up with anything. I know, I need to get a life. :D Dave M.
  13. Macman

Flange Height Revisited

I posted a few weeks ago asking some questions regarding the purchase of a new toilet, and ended up purchasing a TOTO Drake What a surprise! :) Before installing the new toilet I've been doing some work taking up a bunch of old 1" ceramic tiles and replacing the cement board. Now I'm getting...
  14. Macman

Eljer Pro 1 vs E-Force

New Years greetings everyone! I've been researching toilets and have accumulated a lot of good information, including that which is available here. In that process I've found a lack of good explanation for the difference between the Eljer Titan "Pro 1" and "E-Force" flushing systems. Even the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks