Search results

1. V

Smoke Alarm Goes Off When Battery put in

Removing Detector Okay so I unscrewed the Firex Model 46186 from its base plate. All the wires connect to the detector with a connector plug that snapped on to the back of the detector. for the life on me I cant figure out how to unhook the connector plug from the detector. Is it a permanent...
  2. V

That would stink. Luckly from the symptoms I am pretty sure it is one of the cheaper ones in the hallways and bedrooms. Cross my fingers that it does not end up being the one in the kitchen that is 15 feet off the ground
  3. V

They all connect through one circuit. This I found because I know which breaker to throw to turn them all off. Well I got a hold of the manual for this particular alarm and it looks like the model might help me in doing my elimination. With this model of detector (FIREX Smoke Detector #46186)...
  4. V

Okay, here is the setup. All my smoke detectors are wired to the house electrical. They also have backup batteries. Well they all went off. No fire, etc. So, I took out all the batteries and reset the electrical circuit breaker to shut them up, which it did. Then I turned the electrical back...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks