Search results

1. samlin7

Sound in water main

So I go to the basement and hear noise where my water main enters the house. It sounds as though a faucet is on and water is being used, BUT all my faucets are closed. I go over and notice the water meter is not turning. SO I don't think much about it - since I am not being charged for the...
  2. samlin7

toilet to urinal rough in

Hi Guys I am looking to see if we can change the toilet we have now in a commercial church building into a urinal. The reason is because it is like a closet and men literally need to straddle the toilet to take a leak. We are going to talk down some walls but there is still no way i...
  3. samlin7

Timers switches

I am installing a heater/exhaust fan in my bathroom and wanted to use a timer for both of these. I only saw these leviton 6560M-W (http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=6868&section=17139) at home depot. However, I am not sure if I can use this on the heater. it is...
  4. samlin7

wires going in breaker box

hi Guys Are there any regulations regarding how many NM cables I can put in the the knockout holes (of course with a clamp) in my breaker box. I noticed there are three 12 gauge in one hole, and three 14 gauge in another hole, Some have less, but did not notice any more than 3 cables in a...
  5. samlin7

changed vent pipe to PVC but not aligned

Hi there I changed the galvanized steel vent pipe to PVC, because it was going to be in the way of my new basement wall. It needed to be shifted over by about 1.5 inches towards the wall. Long story short, I did it, but it is not perfectly aligned at the no-hub area. Here are the photos...
  6. samlin7

Piping for water supply

Hi I have 2 bathrooms the main one in the 1st floor and a 2nd in the basement. I am trying to figure out how to run my supply lines. I have a 3/4" water main coming in the house and 3/4" out from the water meter. CURRENT configureation: From the water meter, it runs and then T off to a...
  7. samlin7

kitchen peninsula outlet

Hi I was told my kitchen peninsula needed an outlet to be up to code. I am not sure where to put the outlet? There are 3 sides, side 1: faces the kitchen are side 2: faces the walk through area into my kicthen side 3: Faces the larger open area/dining room I think i need it on...
  8. samlin7

Uneven Flange

Ok so this is really frustrating, my bathroom is essentially all tiled up, however i decided to keep the original floor - not looking at the toilet area at all. Now that i am ready to install the toilet it find that it rocks when i dry fit it. On the left side it is about 1 in off the floor...
  9. samlin7

ground electrical boxes

hi I have 12/2 romex cable coming into a metal electrical box, I was wondering if I need to ground the metal box? If so, should i use 12 gauge to ground the box (or any gauge wire) and do they sell the screws to attach to the metal box so I can ground it? Or can I use any screws I see...
  10. samlin7

range hood

Anybody knows If I want to wire a range hood (not a microwave hood), where it can be tapped from? OR do i need to run a separate wire? The power that is near the range hood is (1 of 2 small appliance outlets) the fridge outlet, the range outlet. My range outlet is for a gas range so it is...
  11. samlin7

wiring path for lights

Can someone confirm if this is correct sequence of wiring 14/2 cable (power source) into light fixture 1 14/3 From light fixture to a 4 gang switch box In that switch box will be a switch to light fixture 1 There will be 3 other switches in that switch box - a 14/2 going to light...
  12. samlin7

Basboard heater

Hi I am replacing baseboard heater pipe and was wondering should get the 3/4" Copper Type M, L or K? thanks
  13. samlin7

install alcove CI tub

Anybody has tips of installing a CI tub in an alcove, i am not looking fwd to lift that heavy thing. DO people use pulleys? How the do you get the tub into those tight quaters? Thanks
  14. samlin7

carbon monoxide and smoke detector placement

I am rewiring my house and the electrician stated I should mount my hardwire carbon monoxide detector low on the wall and smoke detector at the ceiling. Anybody know why? and if I should mount it low, is it 12" from the ground like an outlet box?
  15. samlin7

hole making for recessed lighting

Hi I am installing about 16 - 6" recessed lights and would like to purchase a bit to make the hole. However I think my ceiling material is rock lath and it has killed my drywall blades and reciprocal saw blades. Is there anything out there that can at least last through 16 cuts? I bout...
  16. samlin7

nipple material

I need to buy a nipple and can't decide between galvanized or brass. It is for a bathroom sink, there is copper supply line runnig into the bathroom with a brass elbow. From there i need a short nipple to go into my shut off valves. I don't know if it makes a difference between...
  17. samlin7

running new cables

Hi all I am running new electricity wires in my house and would like some advice. DO I need to run a cable from my outlet box to another? OR can I have a cable run out of all my outlet boxes into the basement ceiling to a large box (splice them) and have that run into my service panel...
  18. samlin7

indirect water heater

hi all I am looking to buy 1 of these 2 indirect water heaters and wanted to see if anybody had any experience with them. 1 - Weil Mcclain Ultra Gold 40 Indirect water heater 2 - Peerless PP-40 Thanks sam
  19. samlin7

re-using fittings

Hi This may sound stupid, but i am fairly new at this plumbing thing, I soldered a brass fitting to a m-rated copper pipe, Now I hear that I should use a L-rated copper pipe. Luckily it is a short piece and easy to undo and put in the L-pipe. My question is can I reuse the brass...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks