Search results

1. samlin7

Sound in water main

So I go to the basement and hear noise where my water main enters the house. It sounds as though a faucet is on and water is being used, BUT all my faucets are closed. I go over and notice the water meter is not turning. SO I don't think much about it - since I am not being charged for the...
  2. samlin7

toilet to urinal rough in

I was looking into the urinal that goes to the floor, for the children, but in the end we decided to go with the wall mount. I guess it doesn't look to hard to do, if there is a vent right there. If not, and If i need to tap off the toilet drain pipe, do i cut off the flange portion and...
  3. samlin7

toilet to urinal rough in

Hi Guys I am looking to see if we can change the toilet we have now in a commercial church building into a urinal. The reason is because it is like a closet and men literally need to straddle the toilet to take a leak. We are going to talk down some walls but there is still no way i...
  4. samlin7

Timers switches

I am installing a heater/exhaust fan in my bathroom and wanted to use a timer for both of these. I only saw these leviton 6560M-W (http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=6868&section=17139) at home depot. However, I am not sure if I can use this on the heater. it is...
  5. samlin7

wires going in breaker box

Interesting, I had this breaker box installed about one year ago, and the inspector looked at it so i know i passed the inspection. I notice that there were 3 12ga coming in a 3/4" opening with a metal clamp on the side of the box. Then there were about 2 cabled coming in from the top...
  6. samlin7

wires going in breaker box

hi Guys Are there any regulations regarding how many NM cables I can put in the the knockout holes (of course with a clamp) in my breaker box. I noticed there are three 12 gauge in one hole, and three 14 gauge in another hole, Some have less, but did not notice any more than 3 cables in a...
  7. samlin7

changed vent pipe to PVC but not aligned

thanks, But the reason why i changed it out was because the long piece of the pvc was coming off the wall too much, makes my framing very difficult. I understand if i cut the short piece a little it should come out more aligned, BUT that would make the long pvc pipe come away from the wall...
  8. samlin7

changed vent pipe to PVC but not aligned

Hi there I changed the galvanized steel vent pipe to PVC, because it was going to be in the way of my new basement wall. It needed to be shifted over by about 1.5 inches towards the wall. Long story short, I did it, but it is not perfectly aligned at the no-hub area. Here are the photos...
  9. samlin7

Piping for water supply

From the Hot water heater, there is a 3/4" pipe that latter got reduced to a 1/2" pipe, could i reverse it back to a 3/4" or do i need to take out the 1/2" portion and run the 3/4 to the bathroom? Thanks
  10. samlin7

Piping for water supply

Hi I have 2 bathrooms the main one in the 1st floor and a 2nd in the basement. I am trying to figure out how to run my supply lines. I have a 3/4" water main coming in the house and 3/4" out from the water meter. CURRENT configureation: From the water meter, it runs and then T off to a...
  11. samlin7

Insulating Basement Walls

styrofoam for insulating walls My basement currently have 2x4's framed around. I just stripped off the the old wood paneling and noticed some efflorescence and some damp/wet areas on the wall. Nothing pooling or substantial. I want to refinish the wall, and add insulation. I was...
  12. samlin7

kitchen peninsula outlet

Thanks for the input it helps Wanna ask for some ideas, when you install the outlet, do people just leave the romex cable exposed in the base cabinets or do they use some sort of conduit? Thanks
  13. samlin7

kitchen peninsula outlet

my countertop is granite, I prefer not have an outlet on the counter top. But is having an outlet every 4' in the kitchen code? which i why you brought that up? thanks
  14. samlin7

kitchen peninsula outlet

Hi I was told my kitchen peninsula needed an outlet to be up to code. I am not sure where to put the outlet? There are 3 sides, side 1: faces the kitchen are side 2: faces the walk through area into my kicthen side 3: Faces the larger open area/dining room I think i need it on...
  15. samlin7

Uneven Flange

So my plumber had to come to the house for something else and i asked him about the toilet, It was not as bad as I thought, esp after taking the pics, the flange was not 1 inch off the floor, sabout 3/4". He informed me the flange is lead and to use a piece of wood and very gently try to...
  16. samlin7

Uneven Flange

Thanks for all the replies, I will try and take a pic of it with a ruler as a guide. I won't be at my house for about a day or 2 so I will post them up in a couple of days. A local plumbing store tried to sell me a flange repair kit - a semi circle device, and said to build up the lower...
  17. samlin7

Uneven Flange

SoI refinished my entire bathroom, I figured I would leave the floor as that was the only thing i would not touch (well i did regrout the floor) I pulled up the old toilet and figured I can add another with no problem. But I am installing a toto toilet and i guess it would just work but...
  18. samlin7

Uneven Flange

Ok so this is really frustrating, my bathroom is essentially all tiled up, however i decided to keep the original floor - not looking at the toilet area at all. Now that i am ready to install the toilet it find that it rocks when i dry fit it. On the left side it is about 1 in off the floor...
  19. samlin7

ground electrical boxes

hi I have 12/2 romex cable coming into a metal electrical box, I was wondering if I need to ground the metal box? If so, should i use 12 gauge to ground the box (or any gauge wire) and do they sell the screws to attach to the metal box so I can ground it? Or can I use any screws I see...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks