Search results

1. Carob

Bath Tub Drain Removal

Can anyone explain how the "dumbell wrench" is supposed to be used when there are no crossmembers of the old drain left for the tool to grab onto? Supposedly this dumbell wrench is for drains that just won't come out, but, the end that is supposed to be used for tubs (the smaller end from what I...
  2. Carob

Bath Tub Drain Removal

Well, after cutting the notch large enough to put the head of a screwdriver in I started to pound away. After several minutes of banging away it seemed to move about 1/16". At that point I realized that the collar was splitting rather badly and stopped. The split is along the top of the...
  3. Carob

Bath Tub Drain Removal

How bad is it if some of this metal falls down into the pipe? I would think it would be impossible to prevent all of the material from dropping when trying to saw with one hand and hold the piece with the other.
  4. Carob

Bath Tub Drain Removal

Pardon my ignorance but I guess I'm confused. But what is the purpose of cutting the wedge? For being able to pull the drain straight out or for giving a lip of some sort to put a screwdriver against to bang on to hopefully loosen it up? If it's the latter, okay I can see that. If it's the...
  5. Carob

Bath Tub Drain Removal

If I were to do that and "pry" it out wouldn't that damage the threads that the new drain would need to screw onto?
  6. Carob

Bath Tub Drain Removal

Hello. I'm hoping someone might have an idea or two for me on this subject. I have two bath tubs that have drains that need to be replaced. The problem is that I can't get them out. They are in such bad shape that the crossmembers are all busted off that the tub drain removal tool is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks