Search results

1. interalian

Pony panel in attached garage (Alberta)

I have a basic 15A circuit in the main service panel to the attached garage for lights and the code-minimum plugs. The original owner also had a 40A 240 line run to a range plug for some reason. I have no use for that and would like to convert the circuit to feed an 8 or 10 circuit pony panel...
  2. interalian

Ductwork issues, balance and basement renovation

We have a 2-storey 2600' house with an unfinished 1500' basement. There are two furnaces: one for top floor (70,000BTU with 3ton AC) for ~1100'. The other for main floor/basement (120,000BTU, no AC), ~3000' combined. All supply lines 5". I'll explain the ducting layout and issues by floor and...
  3. interalian

Routing heat ducts through engineered joists?

My basement renovation is finally underway. Yay! I want to re-route two 5" heat runs through engineered joists to eliminate the need for an ugly bulkhead in the main room. I've done a little research and have found that cutting holes is permissable but no closer than 4' from the point...
  4. interalian

Hiding TV wiring

I'm looking at hiding all the cables to my flat panel TV in the wall. I found a wiring solution from Sanus that lets you run the AC in the wall without need of an electrician, but have heard that it shouldn't be run in the same stud cavity as the power wires that are already there. Is this code...
  5. interalian

Random Main Blower Cycling

I have a 2002/3 vintage Tempstar NTG3100GFG1 for the main furnace and a smaller Tempstar in my house. Aside from having noisy blowers, they work just fine. There's an AC unit on the smaller furnace which only serves the top floor. Strange problem: when it's really windy/blustery outside, the...
  6. interalian

Torquing the flange bolts

I did a quick search but came up empty, so: How tight is right for the two bolts holding the toilet to the flange? The fear of cracking the bottom of the porcelain is pretty high, especially when re-seating with a new wax ring or two. An approximate torque figure? I recall a GM car service...
  7. interalian

Best caulk for acrylic window?

My office has an bronze acrylic dome window (late '70s installation - ugh!) and the silicone caulking has failed. What caulk sticks best to acrylic? It's west facing if that matters. Cheers, AD
  8. interalian

Slow hot water - long run

Any comments about using a device like this to give quick hot water at distant taps without the water waste of letting the tap run? I have a 3 storey house with the master bath about as far from the basement water heater as you could get. Thanks, AD
  9. interalian

Kitchen sink drain pain

Hi gang, First post on a plumbing forum - usually cars and hifi postings. I'm in the middle of a kitchen renovation at my brother's place. The problem: I need to re-do the DWV connection for the double sink (all ABS) but the original installation is very tight and is in the wrong place for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks