Search results

1. Rfhjr

Propane boiler baseboard pipe bursting prevention

I have a propane boiler and was writing to ask the best way to handle frozen baseboard heating in the case of a power outage. If the baseboard freezes how is the best way to try and keep the baseboard pipes from bursting. Since it is an open system would it be best once the power is restored to...
  2. Rfhjr

B&G coupler size differences cast iron vs steel

I purchased motor mounts and a cast iron coupler as replacements on a 40 year old B&G pump. The B&G motor mounts fit but the B&G cast iron coupler 118705 fit on the shaft of the bearing assembly but it was too small to slide easily on the pump shaft. So I just reused the original casted steel...
  3. Rfhjr

Propane Boiler oil before heating season shutdown

I have a 40 year old propane boiler with a B&G pump. Just wanted to know if it should be oiled prior to shutdown for the heating season and let the pump run a while. I noticed last year when I first turned it on it made a noise for a few minutes then no noise after it ran for a while. I usually...
  4. Rfhjr

Propane boiler open system turn off water pressure

Have an open heating system with a popane boiler wanted to ask if you should close off the water pressure when it is not being used during the summer.
  5. Rfhjr

B&G circulating pump oil inlets

I have a B&G circulating pump on my propane boiler and was writing to ask about the oil lubrication inlets. There is the main one which has a flip up lid which I put oil in. There are two other openings on the electrical part which are upright plastic tubes which do not have a lid just wondering...
  6. Rfhjr

Propane boiler circulating pump oil amount

Before I turn on my propane boiler for the season I put one drop of HP oil in each oil input for the B&G circulating pump. Just wondered if this is enough and how do you know when a circulating pump needs oil.
  7. Rfhjr

Frost proof spigot installation in well house

I have an un heated brick well house which has a copper frost proof spigot mounted on outside wall. I had a cpvc connection from it to the main water line. It went above freezing yesterday and the connection to the cpvc elbow failed even though there was an electric heating cable on the pipe. I...
  8. Rfhjr

Jet pump will not stop running after new switch installed

I have a garden pump which is a jet two pipe with a blue water tank and since it had a problem of not shutting off. The pump is holding its prime so I assume the foot valve is okay and water tank fills up. I put on a new 20/40 Square D switch and also cleaned out the hole for the switch with an...
  9. Rfhjr

kenmore softner water from drain keeps flowing

The Kenmore water softener model 625383760 the water flows from drain and will not stop unless I force the regeneration cycle to close the valve. Once this is done the machine works for a few days and then the same drain problem occurs. As the rotor turns and the wire connections are okay the...
  10. Rfhjr

best deep well vertical jet pump

I was writing to ask what company makes the best deep well jet pump. The one I am replacing is a Berkley vertical model type. A local water pump installer has Jacuzzi Bros but I have not heard much about them. If anyone would have any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks