Search results

1. David here

Proper sealant for popup? (faux marble)

I need to know the best or acceptable sealants for a drain popup in a faux-marble sink. I had to replace a broken sink drain popup last week. When I read the plumbers putty can, it says emphatically not to use it on plastic or "marble." Short on time, I found a used tube of old white...
  2. David here

Substitute for Mixet stem?

A few posts in the forum include a link for info on a different "Moen style" cartridge to replace the old Mixet shower valve stem because of a hot-cold crossflow problem. When I follow that old link it leads to a "page not found" error. However, one post by Milton on 3-31-05 mentions a "NoMix...
  3. David here

Old Mixet shower valve

We have a pre-1968 Mixet valve in our tiled shower stall. Several years ago I replaced the o-ring and washer, and made notes of how-to for the future. Now that it is not providing a usable temperature range, i.e. never hot, I was scoping out parts to replace the old original(?) stem. A...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks