Search results

1. WallyGater

Water Hammer wont go away

So far I have put two arresters on. (within 3 feet of the washing machine). One on the hot side and one on the cold side I then added a third one directly on the washing machine Brand new, LG, front loader. The hammer is coming from the cold feed into the coil on on boiler. all the way...
  2. WallyGater

Three Dead Outlet Mystery

One in the basement (washing machine) Two on the first floor The three outlets are dead, no power All three worked fine up until now So Far: I have changed , tested all three outlets with a volt stick None of them show any signs of having power All circut breakers are on in the house...
  3. WallyGater

Sewer pipe through basement wall seal question

I have a 5 year old house. Poured concrete foundation. In the basement there is a very large black pipe that goes through the foundation wall and I assume, out to the sewer hook up in the street. I have water leaking into the basement around that large black pipe. There was what looked like...
  4. WallyGater

kitchen "thru the wall" fan

Hi everyone. Its been a while, but I`m about to start a new project. I could use some help. I used to have a "thru the wall" exhaust fan directly behind my stove in the kitchen. It was very old, very drafty, and very noisy. I covered it up with Sheetrock a long, long time ago We currently...
  5. WallyGater

Indirect on old steam boiler

can an indirect hot water tank be installed on this old boiler? the only taps that I can see are from the hw coil? can I remove this coil? can I get a new coil? Is it possible to replace the coil with an empty box that would supply the indirect?
  6. WallyGater

Kitchen Window Opinion??

I am remodeling a Kitchen at my friends house. We are about to order the new window. I need an opinion. How far down can the new window come to the counter-top? I have two stock window size options. One size comes to about 6 or 7 inches above the counter-top The other size comes to 3 or...
  7. WallyGater

Boiler and tank on 1/2" copper

I would like to re-pipe my current boiler setup from 1/2 to 3/4. The supply from the meter is 3/4 copper pipe. For some reason it was reduced to 1/2 for everything in the house including the feed to the boiler. I would like to re-pipe the system so that the boiler will be fed by 3/4. Attached...
  8. WallyGater

Kitchen wiring and code

I am remodeling a kitchen in Brooklyn,N.Y. I will be running some new circuts for the counters. This is my question: The counter top is 9 feet long. How many outlets must there be to meet the code requirements? Also, how high up from the counter top do they need to be?
  9. WallyGater

another Cast iron Connection Problem

I removed the plug from this cast iron Tee. What I found was no threads. Maybe there were threads at one time, but all that was in there now was what appeared to be lead. Is that possible? Have you ever heard of that? It turns out that this is a cast iron sanitary tee. I was going to install...
  10. WallyGater

Radiator hissing noise

Cast Iron radiators, built in to the wall, with steel covers on them. When I remove the cover they look like a block of black iron. They all have steam valves on one end. This is a steam heat system, Very old, from the 1940`s There is one in each room of the house, some big, some small. Great...
  11. WallyGater

Vent To Nowhere

Small kitchen has been ripped out. I will be replacing with all new. Where the old sink was is hot and cold supply lines and a drain. I plan to change out the old supply lines with new copper and shut off valves. I also plan to change the galvanised drain with PVC. My question involves the...
  12. WallyGater

Beckett Blues

I have a Beckett oil fired gun model # AFG For the past few weeks it has been turning off in the middle of the night I decided to get it a tuneup technician came and tuned it up very thorough, new filter, nozzle, vacuum, etc. two days later, same problem Technician came back and said it...
  13. WallyGater

A/C unit in FLA.

My mothers AC unit just broke. She called the "air" guy from her old folks community that she lives in. The "guy" comes and charged up the unit. It is working now but he says it needs a coil. This unit is both ac and heat. it is about 11 years old. my mom says there is no name on it anywhere...
  14. WallyGater

new kitchen circuits

How many new circuits will I need for my kitchen remodel? microwave= dedicated 20 amp refrigerator= dedicated 20 amp gas stove, outlets, switches, lighting, fan, toaster oven = dedicated 20 amp That's three Do I need another one for the dishwasher?
  15. WallyGater

shower valve trim mystery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have installed a new 3/4 inch feed thermo control shower valve. It is made by BRIZO. I think they are a high end branch of delta. the valve body is in the wall, the guts went in with 4 screws, then a sealing...
  16. WallyGater

flux in shower head

this question has been answered in another thread
  17. WallyGater

flux in shower head

after flushing the system for a good 10 minutes, I then installed the new shower head. after running the new head, I noticed a residue coming out of it. It looks like solder flux, or it might be pipe dope. It looks more like flux than it does pipe joint compound. the shower head is brass, with a...
  18. WallyGater

3 inch nipple dilemma

I will be installing 3 body sprays in my shower. they thread onto a 1/2 inch x 3 inch brass nipple. the nipple needs to be 3/8 inch recessed from the finished tile wall. this is the manufacturers specs. So if I were to thread the nipple into the wall first, I would be unable to put any tape on...
  19. WallyGater

Plaster of paris

Is It a common, and or good practice, to set a toilet with plaster of paris under it? If so, how much do you use?
  20. WallyGater

Offset closet flange

I`m in the process of remodeling my bathroom. the toilet flange is 14 inches from the finished wall. In order to change it to 12 inch, the stack would have to be cut and a new tee would have to be installed. this new tee could be rotated to the correct position leaving a 12 inch rough. I would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks