Search results

1. TonyBagadonutz

Gerber Tank to Bowl gasket

No doubt. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across a PSH that was OPEN on a Sunday at 2:30PM :D Community Plumbing Supply Co, Springfield NJ 07081 ... At first, I thought it was the bolts - but no water leaked from those areas. At one point, the water actually shot the back of the...
  2. TonyBagadonutz

Gerber Tank to Bowl gasket

I have toilet that leaks. :D After replacing virtually everything not made of china/porcelain, I discovered that the bowl-to-tank gasket(BTG) I installed might be a bit to short :confused: The BTG installed was 1 1/8", apparently Gerber's need a different product.... .....ok.....so....how...
  3. TonyBagadonutz

Expansion tank and boiler

Yes, the pump is a covered part.
  4. TonyBagadonutz

I didn't notice any water about the unit, initially. But it is sitting between the other unit and the HWH...could have dried it all up? When I went a few hours ago, there was still no water about the unit I tried comparing the pump from one unit to the other...I couldn't feel any motion...
  5. TonyBagadonutz

BTW...I attached hose from the boiler to a sink(as a drain) and was able to have the cold water(from supply) push the hot water throughout the system(both zones).
  6. TonyBagadonutz

My Mother-in-law (MIL) calls to tell me she has no heat. I go over to her place, and while checking things out my wife calls and tells me that the MIL has a "worry-free" contract with the gas co. I say "Good, call them - I'm coming home". My wife meets the gas co. man today...he quickly...
  7. TonyBagadonutz

"New" Work, rough-in ~ pressure-balancing valve,

I am installing a pressure-balancing valve in my bath remodel ("new"). I'm a bit confused by the terms/definitions used in the install guide...a little clarification, please? The valve is being installed on a wall that will have 1/2" rock and a 3-piece shower surround. The instructions say...
  8. TonyBagadonutz

Pre-soldered fitting

I am most definately a DIYer and I also see it as a gimmick. What's the big deal? You get a few bad joints, you learn, you do it right..next. I'll stick with "regular" fittings. :)
  9. TonyBagadonutz

Hole through poured concrete foundation

I would rent a core drill and bit. These drills/bits are readily available at any rental center (maybe even a Big Blue/Orange). Check that the voltage/amp required to operate is readily available - a 30A 240V extension cord may be needed. A garden hose to supply water to the bit (keeps...
  10. TonyBagadonutz

Sump pits

I put in a liner made of galv. steel - came with many pre-drilled holes to allow water penetration...similar to the item on the right: I put in (so far) 42 cu. ft of rocks...need another 12 cu ft. The liner is about 30" deep, my hole is about 4' deep and about 2' x 4' . It's a pretty big...
  11. TonyBagadonutz

Sump pits

I just dug a sump pit and put in a liner. Talking with a "guy at work", he mentions that in addition to stones around the liner - I should put sand. I thought the sand would work it's way into the pit and eventually the pump. He said the sand will prevent a mineral build-up around the stones...
  12. TonyBagadonutz

Using an offset for Bathroom Sink

Not to hijack bmixon's post, but I have a situation that is worse that that - I will address it eventually. What is a "marvel"? Pic please?
  13. TonyBagadonutz

How to install tee

Is your area prone to freezing? Add a frost free bibb and the "tee" dilemma becomes a "non-issue".
  14. TonyBagadonutz

How to install tee

I don't know anything about it....BUT...I read their spec sheet ( Technical Specifications )...and to say the least: I am not impressed 18ºC = 64.4ºF 24ºC = 75.2ºF F= (C*1.8)+32 That's not too impressive of a spread - 10.6ºF....and that wall appears to be an exterior wall (pipe...
  15. TonyBagadonutz

Sweating Copper

I'm no "pro" (as is proved by all my postings :) ), but what I have learned in the past 200 or so joints seems obvious NOW...LOL...heat the fitting, don't try and heat it in one second - take a little time and just heat it (MAPP gas is better than LP); first you will notice the flux start to...
  16. TonyBagadonutz

I have angered the plumbing gods....

That is the way I see them all the time here in NJ - just protruding out, mostly unsupported. Your opinion is that 24#'s is too much dead weight? (Not that I disagree, I just don't know what a soldered joint can support) -------------------------------------------------------------------------...
  17. TonyBagadonutz

Thanks for the pic Cass...do those exp. tanks come in different sizes, capacities, etc? The water pressure was not changed by me - I do not think the city would raise it. Our supply does not have a pressure regulator. I had considered changing the washing machine hoses, just...
  18. TonyBagadonutz

I wish I could point the finger at the city, but my meter is inside my basement ~ the city reads it from a black box outside. Can you tell me more about expansion tanks? I have never seen one on a HWH, on boiler/HWBB systems yes. I'm just glad we were home when the cap burst.
  19. TonyBagadonutz

I have angered the plumbing gods....what other explanation is there for what has happened this MONTH: - water tank cracked ~ replaced old 40 gal w/75 gal - leaky faucet STOPPED leaking..or working for that matter. 6" OC faucets virutally impossible to find - replace sink AND faucets - main...
  20. TonyBagadonutz

Need to make a access panel that looks good and is not obvious

The sheetrock would fail and crumble after a few uses. You CAN buy an access hatch/door of just about any size you want...or make one from plywood(sand it very well with 120-150 to make it very smooth.)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks