Search results

1. Bobrobert

What's the best way to "start up" a newly pumped septic tank?

I love this site!!!! Man do I love this site.... THANKS FOLKS for all the replies. AND on the grandkids statement, I have two grandsons who live 30 miles up the road, when they stay over I'll use them for all they're worth. LOL!!!! GREAT INFORMATION and I appreciate all posters. ALSO: I...
  2. Bobrobert

What's the best way to "start up" a newly pumped septic tank?

Just had my septic tank pumped and now I need to start it back working. What would you recommend to get this tank up to speed? I have bought a box of Rid-X and will use that. But they recommend one box every month from now on. The cost is about 70 dollars a year and won't make or break me...
  3. Bobrobert

Update on cutting a telephone wire.

Great news - was happy to see you came out on top. I just retired from 37 years with the telephone industry, and most of my time was spent in OSP Engineering and Right-of-way. For future reference for you and any others here that may be following your story there are couple of points to...
  4. Bobrobert

Septic/Leach Field question......

Thanks Redwood........ I glanced at the site and will go back when I have more time, but looks like just what I need, appreciate the info greatly.....Bob
  5. Bobrobert

Thanks folks - got my answer to the "how often to pump" as I was posting the last. Appreciate all the great info..... Bob
  6. Bobrobert

Thank you...... Will get started on this stuff. I need to look into this Chamber system you mentioned and start gathering some information, just in case. I didn't even realize that there was anything else other than a leach field. In "theory" (all things being perfect) shouldn't a septic tank...
  7. Bobrobert

Hope this is the correct place for this question, and bear with me if I don’t use the correct terminology: I have a septic tank and leach field system that is almost 20 years old. Most of that time there has only been two people using it. Nothing has ever been done to the system; it has...
  8. Bobrobert

Noisy Shower control knob - really noisy.

Guys - thanks for the help. Will look into a new shower head and maybe a water saving washer. My shower head is very old, (~20 years) and I have repaired it once because I really like the darn thing a lot better than a couple of others I have tried after my original head fell apart. Have always...
  9. Bobrobert

Eric - Just in case you check back in here you are right on the money. If I turn the water flow to 100% the noise goes away. So now the noisy won't be so bothersome to me, because I would rather listen to the noise than waste a ton of water with the pretty high pressure I have. If you...
  10. Bobrobert

Eric - I have not tried turning the water pressure up high, or at least not in years, I will give that a try tonight. About 30% on is all the water we need, but that very well may be the cause of the noise, water flow restriction. I'll check the shower head as well, but I'm pretty confident it...
  11. Bobrobert

Hi all - brand new to this forum and will start out asking for help determining why my shower control knob is so darn noisy. I have two showers in the house and they both are the same. They are Delta's and they both have this high pitched water flow noise coming from the control knob area when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks