Search results

1. N

problem with water hammer......

I have a problem with water hammer. The cistern has an old Portsmouth valve; this makes a loud noise when the cistern fills. I have a DIY book, and this advises replacing the valve with an equilibrium valve. Would it be possible to replace the full assembly with a modern plastic diaphragm valve?
  2. N

S-trap Converted In To A P-trap

Why do you want to change the p-trap? what's up if water goes dawn slow. well.........Go to the hardware store and buy a new P-trap. It should come in a package Remove the old trap and install the new one. Notice how the old one was installed and copy it. Screw on all slip-nuts using your...
  3. N

Bathtub odor..from where?

clean first bathtub drain. What kind of odor you feel. having smelt can be predicted from where it's coming.
  4. N

Shower Leak

Hello, The handle and faceplate are only cosmetics, the valve body itself has a cartridge in it that turns water on and off. Sometimes a complete replacement is the order of the day to stop the leaking, if I knew a little more about faucet would help. Go to moen.com look up shower faucets and...
  5. N

Low flow showerhead

How low can you go with showerheads? Well, Bricor has some showerheads that use as little as a 1/2 a gallon of water per minute. These showerheads make use of “vacuum flow restriction†technology created by Bricor. The showerheads seen here are the “B100 SUPERMAX†series, and they are...
  6. N

lack of hot water in shower

It sounds like the temp adjustment has come loose and/or changed. Remove the handle, there should be some gear type things behind it. That is what sets the high temp. if that has slipped or is broken, that is likely the problem. If not, time to pull the cartridge and check for a partial blockage.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks