Search results

1. hugscot

Good place online to find old shower valves

Correction Right, the stems and trim. Actually found out today it is a Kohler valve that just looked similar to the AS valve. House built in the 1950's so had to order them from a local hardware store. I would like to be able to just go online and order somewhere but haven't found a good...
  2. hugscot

Good place online to find old shower valves

Does anyone know of a good place to find replacement shower/tub valves online? I have used ********solutions.com in past but can't seem to find these suckers anywhere. Specifically I am looking for American Standard Colonial replacements. Thanks.
  3. hugscot

Screw in tub overflow plate

Problem solved Well, decided to get the plumber in on this one and he went up under the house and replaced both tub drain waste in 2hrs for $375. Wasn't too excited about having to do that at first but then he said one tub drain had been leaking so good thing I did change them. So bye bye to...
  4. hugscot

Screw in tub overflow plate

I got a 1950's tub with a screw in overflow plate instead of using bolts. I have never seen one of these and unable to find one anywhere to replace it. Anyone run into this and got any suggestions?
  5. hugscot

Water pouring from tub spout during shower

Something I noticed too when I was changing the diverter before was that when I looked to check for the seat there was just a recessed hole in the back of the valve housing, which puzzled me. :confused: The valves did not appear to have ever been pulled out before I changed them. Is that...
  6. hugscot

Water pouring from tub spout during shower

Hi, I recently replaced the hot, cold, and diverter valves on my tub with a new replacement kit from ACE Hardware (new valves, washers, seats, covers,e tc) due to corrosion, leaking and water pouring from tub spout during a shower. However, when the shower is on excessive water still pours...
  7. hugscot

Shower diverter with no removeable seat

I can't find any markings on the parts I can see to tell what brand it is. House was built in mid 70's so I assume from the looks it is original. I can see inside where the diverter valve appears to be seating against the back because it looks brighter than the rest of the brass, however, it...
  8. hugscot

Shower diverter with no removeable seat

I have a shower diverter valve that pours water out the tub spout when the shower is engaged. So I pulled out the diverter valve to replace the all the washers/o rings but their does not appear to be a removeable seat. Also the washer did not appear to be damaged and the valve appears to be ok...
  9. hugscot

How many fixtures can 2" drain handle?

I am remodeling the kitchen area. I want to combine two 1.5" drains (one going to the kitchen and one to the bath lav) and run one 2" drain horizontally to the main stack, which is 3". Will a 2" line be able to handle both of these ok?
  10. hugscot

Connecting washer drain into 2" copper drain

I am installing a washer in a new location and PVC drain. It is fairly close to the 2" copper drain line for the bathroom and kitchen sinks. Will the 2" line be able to handle the bathroom and kitchen sinks and the washer? If so, would a Fernco Tee be the easiest way to connect to the copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks