Search results

1. ugabulldog

PRV needed with expansion tank?

I have an expansion tank between bladerless tank and house. Do I also need a pressure relief valve between well and tank? If so, does it matter if I put it at well head or on top of bladerless pressure tank?
  2. ugabulldog

please help with waterlogged bladerless tank

My pump was short cycling so I drained tank (also had to replace sediment filter and fix slow leak) Drain in near bottom of tank but not underneath, so all drained except maybe e few galloons? I got everything hooked back up and let sit for an hour then turned pump back on and it did not take...
  3. ugabulldog

New toilet install, couple of questions

The flange is broken so I was going to use a repair ring http://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior-Tool-SuperRing-Closet-Replacement-Ring-21015/202538331?keyword=superior tool ring as suggested in a previous thread. The flange is on a slab, first question is should I tapcon into all six outer holes...
  4. ugabulldog

Two water heaters, two expansion tanks

I am building a garage apt and running water from house, about 150' away. This is a closed water system, on a well with air and water type pressure tank. I have one expansion tank under house between tank and electric water heater (supply line for apt comes off this line also), Second water...
  5. ugabulldog

running pvc undergound wth sight bend

I am going to run plumbing and electric in same trench. In order to do so I have to put slight curve in trench (they don't enter building at same location) Rather then use a 22 elbow, is it ok to bend 1" pvc with trench? Thanks
  6. ugabulldog

well water pressure

How much psi should I have from well to tank, the same as my cut in and out settings?? If this helps, I have a submersible pump about 240' deep, well is about 380' from house, 1" pvc. Tank cut in at 30 psi, off at 60 psi. The reason I am asking is I have a pressure relief valve at top of well...
  7. ugabulldog

relief valve releasing water stream

relief valve releasing water I have a watts 530c relief valve thats only one year old located at my well head. It is set at 100psi and releasing water when pump runs. Should I just adjust up to 125 and see if it stops or something else? EDIT>>>>>> I turned valve up to 175 and it is...
  8. ugabulldog

operating spicket at well head

I have a water sppicket at well head, pump and tank is at the house, check valve in well at one at house. If I want to run water at well spicket I need to run at house and get pump to kick on first right? Just wanted to ask before I tried and didin't want to mess anything up, thanks.
  9. ugabulldog

help with bladerless pressure tank set-up

Edited till further info gathered, thanks
  10. ugabulldog

cut-in/cut-off pressure 20lbs differnece

I am just wondering why it is always suggested to go in twenty lb increments, so as not to have too big of pressure difference? Also, I have a new square D pressure switch, supposedly pre-set at 30-50. Is it possibe that it is a little off, because the cut-off seems a little less than 50. thanks
  11. ugabulldog

advice on dirty water

I have an old 6" drilled well on property I am trying to tie into house. It is about 400' deep with a 1 h.p. pump set at 240'. I have ran well a few times in the past six months and water has been clear. A little over a week ago I shocked well with 2 gal. of clorox. Then last Sat, I ran water...
  12. ugabulldog

running water out of old well

I have a drilled well, 1hp 12 gpm pump at 240' and let it run from faucet at wellhead, trying to get clear water. It ran dry after after 20 min or so and water was still very dirty. The faucet is definetly putting out more than 12 gal. per min, closer to 20 gpm....is this pumping water too fast...
  13. ugabulldog

multiple check valves with bladerless tank

I read the sticky on this, looks like an additional check valve is recommened (other than one in well)when using air over water bladerless pressure tanks, why is this?? And also if I nned one please let me know if this is the correct place in-line for it: here is my set-up...from well I have a...
  14. ugabulldog

setting up new well/system and shocking question

I have an old well (if records are corect: 420' deep, water at 88', pump at 240') the pump and pipe was put in new about six months ago and I am about to trench/tie in to new construction house which is complete minus water supply. the well water tested positive for e-coli so I plan on shocking...
  15. ugabulldog

filter for hydro-charger/air injector

I will be installing a hydro-charger before my pressure tank (bladderless) as part of my iron filter system.This is an older well that has not been run for awhile. I am afraid of clogging/damaging hydro-charger, manufacturer recommends a wye strainer (y-strainer), I have also been told to use a...
  16. ugabulldog

pressure tank size

Apparently an air over water tank needs to be about twice as large as a bladder tank for the same amount of drawdown, is this correct? Also, can an air over water tank be used without an air injector, and without any additonal valves, air control etc... as long as i add air every couple of...
  17. ugabulldog

birm recommendations

I have had water tested, talked with someone near me who has one, and decided to go with a chem-free filter for iron removal. Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer or what to look for in design/construction?
  18. ugabulldog

voltage drop

Voltage drop was calculated for #10 wire and I am very close (right at) to the max run so I think I will need to size down to #8 wire running 390 ft. to well,....wire in well is 240' of #10 wire, is this ok to mix 8 & 10 to compensate for volt drop?
  19. ugabulldog

epoxy retention tank

I will be having a tank installed on a new home I am building and am thinking of using an epoxy retention tank instead of a bladder tank so I can add chemical free oxygen filter if needed later to treat iron in water? Should this type of tank be ok as opposed to bladder? Just be clearer, I...
  20. ugabulldog

advice on bladder tank

I am planning on running the pipe and wire from my well to house, here's my set-up and plan: Submersible pump is 240' deep, 1h.p. 12g.p.m and well is 365' from house (well was there before house was) I plan on running 1" Sch 40 pvc, and 10/2 w/ ground wire (already checked voltage drop and it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks