Search results

1. ugabulldog

PRV needed with expansion tank?

If I have a pressure relief valve at well head, why wouldn't this protect everything downstream as well?
  2. ugabulldog

So I should put a PRV at well head and would be ok without one at water tank since I have one on water heater?
  3. ugabulldog

the expansion tank is code that is why I have both, and there is no relief valve on tank. I have a check valve before pressure tank but also one down well pipe so no way to put prv before that one.
  4. ugabulldog

I have an expansion tank between bladerless tank and house. Do I also need a pressure relief valve between well and tank? If so, does it matter if I put it at well head or on top of bladerless pressure tank?
  5. ugabulldog

please help with waterlogged bladerless tank

thanks, I got it cycling for 90 seconds at 30/60 psi.
  6. ugabulldog

Hydro charger wasnt working because it was clogged but I cleaned it and now it is working because I felt suction on finger. I know water was drained because I cut bottom pvc pipe in picture on a horizontal plane to fix leak. I did not add air with compressor because water came out of shrader...
  7. ugabulldog

I have a hydro-charger that sucks air in on the well side of tank that is part of my filter system. I didnt hink that was the problem since the tnak was 90% air when emptied. Also, I can't figure out why tank filled up so fast and there appears to be water all the way to top of tank since it is...
  8. ugabulldog

My pump was short cycling so I drained tank (also had to replace sediment filter and fix slow leak) Drain in near bottom of tank but not underneath, so all drained except maybe e few galloons? I got everything hooked back up and let sit for an hour then turned pump back on and it did not take...
  9. ugabulldog

New toilet install, couple of questions

The flange is broken so I was going to use a repair ring http://www.homedepot.com/p/Superior-Tool-SuperRing-Closet-Replacement-Ring-21015/202538331?keyword=superior tool ring as suggested in a previous thread. The flange is on a slab, first question is should I tapcon into all six outer holes...
  10. ugabulldog

Two water heaters, two expansion tanks

Sounds good to me, hope the inspector agrees or doesn't get that technical.
  11. ugabulldog

Two water heaters, two expansion tanks

I am building a garage apt and running water from house, about 150' away. This is a closed water system, on a well with air and water type pressure tank. I have one expansion tank under house between tank and electric water heater (supply line for apt comes off this line also), Second water...
  12. ugabulldog

running pvc undergound wth sight bend

I am going to run plumbing and electric in same trench. In order to do so I have to put slight curve in trench (they don't enter building at same location) Rather then use a 22 elbow, is it ok to bend 1" pvc with trench? Thanks
  13. ugabulldog

well water pressure

Hi LL, I cleaned the filter, it was very durty but relief valve is still leaking, can't really check the micronizer, but it is still sucking air....thanks again for your help. I might ry another prv or just cap off.
  14. ugabulldog

well water pressure

How much psi should I have from well to tank, the same as my cut in and out settings?? If this helps, I have a submersible pump about 240' deep, well is about 380' from house, 1" pvc. Tank cut in at 30 psi, off at 60 psi. The reason I am asking is I have a pressure relief valve at top of well...
  15. ugabulldog

relief valve releasing water stream

Actually I have about 280' of pipe (I was counting the length down well too) I will raise setting, thanks. EDIT>>> I raised relief valve pressure to 175 and it is still leaking when pump runs. Should I just take the relief valve off and "cap it", any other suggestions??
  16. ugabulldog

Cut off at 60. Between the wellhead and tank there is about 280' of pvc, then a spin out filter (for air injector as part of filter system), then a check valve, then air injector then bladerless tank.
  17. ugabulldog

relief valve releasing water I have a watts 530c relief valve thats only one year old located at my well head. It is set at 100psi and releasing water when pump runs. Should I just adjust up to 125 and see if it stops or something else? EDIT>>>>>> I turned valve up to 175 and it is...
  18. ugabulldog

operating spicket at well head

I have a water sppicket at well head, pump and tank is at the house, check valve in well at one at house. If I want to run water at well spicket I need to run at house and get pump to kick on first right? Just wanted to ask before I tried and didin't want to mess anything up, thanks.
  19. ugabulldog

help with bladerless pressure tank set-up

Edited till further info gathered, thanks
  20. ugabulldog

cut-in/cut-off pressure 20lbs differnece

thanks Texas, how do I know if I need to add air to tank?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks