Search results

1. MajMetro

Shower/toilet drain question

Working on a second story bathroom for my cabin which is post and beam (no floor joists between first and second floors). Was wondering if this configuration was a workable or even legal? If so, which 90deg elbow (high or low heel inlet) would work? The whole idea is to build a fake...
  2. MajMetro

1-1/2" vs 2" for bar sink?

I'm helping a friend with his DWV layout. Looking for a Pro's view on whether we could use 1-1/2" vs 2" on the run from the 10"x12" (no disposal) bar (prep) sink to the 2" kitchen sink line. Note, we have to transition five (5) 2x10 floor joists to access the 2" run. Technically...
  3. MajMetro

Help with 2" Cast Iron Hub - Part 2

I'm racking my brains over the same issue as described in another post from this forum.. (Same title, but I don't know how to link threads..) Trying to go from a 2" XH cast iron hub to 2" ABS. The 2" CI hub ID is 3-1/4" and I've been scouring the web for a compression seal/gasket/dognut that...
  4. MajMetro

Washing machine & ice maker boxes by IPS

I'm doing a remodel and want to buy a couple of the IPS Water-Tite boxes. One is a washing machine box, model W4700 TM that has the supply valves mounted on the top of the box and the drain receptacle offset on the bottom. The box comes with chrome 1/4 turn valves. The other box is an ice...
  5. MajMetro

Going vertical from a horizontal waste line

I'm running a 2" shower drain that plumbed horizontally in a joist bay and want to takeoff vertically with my vent line downstream of my p-trap. Is the fixture I use a sanitary tee on its back with the branch running vertical? A vent tee keeps popping in my mind, but I'm thinking that...
  6. MajMetro

3" ABS to 4" Cast Bell Hub

I'm remodeling our basement and have an existing 4" cleanout at the very edge of my basement wall. The fitting actually extends under the wall. The easiest place to connect my new system would be the hub of this cleanout fitting. I think I've used these before, but don't they make a rubber...
  7. MajMetro

Old toilet on a 3" waste line

Can an old "large tank" (can't remember the gallonage) toilet flush properly into a 3" closet el and trunk line? I'm remodeling my basement and trying to keep my main floor bath untouched (if local code enforcers allow). My existing main line is 4" cast, but due to my new basement layout and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks