Search results

1. Erico

I’m working on an Meter upgrade worksheet for the Gas Co

I think the question is the minimum PSIG the appliance needs to run. According to the documentation the NICOR sent me, the system is currently.25 PSIG. Not sure if that gets increased or just the volume gets increased. I guess you are saying if they give me .361 I can use smaller pipe? since...
  2. Erico

I’m working on an Meter upgrade worksheet for the Gas Co

The worksheet asks for minimum PSIG. RHEEM says 7-10 water column. it’s a 199,900 btu natural gas. I’m near Chicago. Am I correct in saying .252 minimum PSIG?
  3. Erico

What would cause this NMC to scorch?

This is behind a dishwasher. You can see the cable scorched (melted?) and scorched the insulation on the dishwasher. My guess is the wire was overlapped and caused heating? But I could be wrong. Should this be metallic cable outside the drywall?
  4. Erico

Common plumbing mistakes PDF

That's it!! Thank you!!
  5. Erico

Common plumbing mistakes PDF

A while back someone (Terry?) posted a PDF with a list of common plumbing mistakes - with drawings. Does anyone have that thing handy ? I tried searching. Thanks in advance
  6. Erico

New stove requires 40 or 50 amp breaker

Its The wire is the same gauge as the 50 amp for the rv line. But this line has no ground. I think the best way to proceed and be sure is pull a new #8 cable with a ground. New receptacle and new breaket
  7. Erico

Is the cable coating marked or the wire marked? I don't see anything topside but can get in the crawl
  8. Erico

Still trying to get specs This receptacle says it's rated 50amp Can't make out the wire size. Looks like number 8. Breaker is 30 amp. Wondering if I need to pull new wire or just upgrade the breaker?
  9. Erico

What amperage is this service? And is this correct?

Ahh yeah, that makes sense. I'll pull it next time I'm in town.
  10. Erico

It looks like it might be 100 amp service. I've never seen one like this. It appears to be 60 on one side and 40 on the other.. Not sure where the "range" side goes as she has a gas range. The push button fuse is the furnace - that appears to be the #12 romex (wont be sure till i can open the...
  11. Erico

Sister in law asked me what would be involved in an upgrade to breakers so I had her send me a picture of what is there currently. This sure doesn't look kosher to me the way it is set up currently. Namely the 30 amp fuses. Those should be 20s or 15s no? I can't make out the writing on the...
  12. Erico

Tornado Safe Room

Sharp hatchet and or ax. Whistle. Cell phone that works. Lots of overhead beams.
  13. Erico

Has anyone ever seen something like this happen (video)?

I could barely watch this video. Scary and I feel bad for the guy. Yeah, you really shouldn't even touch plumbing unless you can turn off water and/or know where the shut off is. The first question I ask. Where is the gas and water shutoff. I was doing some work for a friend - not plumbing -...
  14. Erico

Closet Flange on Slab - ack!

Meh, I wouldn't worry about 1" inch or 3" inches either way. But I'm in chicago and none of these old vintage bathrooms meet any current code regarding clearances. 15 inches either side of the toilet? What's that? I don't think I could live without a pedestal sink to rest my elbow on while...
  15. Erico

Tile Saw Location

I bought a $10 dollar kiddie pool and draped a sheet of plastic over the back of the saw. The spray hit the plastic and dripped in to the pool. I did spring a small leak from the saw stand rubbing. Next time I would use a piece of plywood in the pool.
  16. Erico

Removing Purple Primer Drip (oops)

The only problem with not using the purple stuff is you might forget forget what you glued or didn't glue. We plumbed our new/added bath and my neighbor's bath downstairs (joint project) and set the project aside for six months. I had to get on my knees with a magnifying glass to make sure...
  17. Erico

Tub Drain Issues

Yeah, wasn't sure about the silicone. But I could swear the instructions called for it in a Duravit acrylic tub we put in at a buddy's house last year. A good flat seal of rubber shouldn't need it.
  18. Erico

Tub Drain Issues

I wonder, in a worse case scenario, if that doesn't work: loosen the over flow enough for a little play. Then maybe even cut that long pipe above the trap loose (about halfway up). Reset the shoe drain piece and crank it down square and true. Maybe with some silicone (let it dry)? Then...
  19. Erico

Humidity streaks

I would definitely upgrade to a larger fan. 110 is close to the recommended minimum for your space and doesn't account for teenager marathon showers or lack of a window. Residual moisture and humidity in one thing but this streaks are being formed WHILE the shower is in use. I have a similar...
  20. Erico

Sewage Ejector Pump Question

If I were you I would have the vent installed and capped. Either tie it in to the proposed main vent (if possible) or run a separate vent and have it flashed on the roof then cap it off (bottom too if tied in) to keep rain out. Saw the caps off later when needed. I'm going through this right...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks