Search results

1. djryval

Setting water pressure question

There is a PRV on my side of the water meter, and it has a range of 25-75 psi according to the tag. It was set on 45 psi when I first moved in and I told the builder that I didn't have enough pressure to wash my car. Therefore the contracted plumber came out one day when I was gone and...
  2. djryval

I don't have an expansion tank, but I was hoping that since the pressure was never any higher than 75 psi when the w/h was running full blast then I was probably OK without one. I've always kept the water heater on it's lowest recommended setting, so the water temp never get scalding hot and it...
  3. djryval

I live in a relatively new home and checked my water pressure today on both hose bibs and it sits around 56 to 57psi with all faucets off. Then I ran a hot water faucet inside for 10 minutes (then shut it off) which kicked on the water heater. The pressure spiked around 73 to 74 psi while the...
  4. djryval

Delta Diamond Seal Technology faucets

Thanks for the videos. If you had to choose between the old style and new style, which would you install?
  5. djryval

I'm in South Carolina. I can't really decide what to get but I don't intend to spend more than about $150. I just need a good kitchen faucet because the one I currently own (Peerless) is broken. My plumber said to get a Delta but they've switched to this new design which many seem to be leery...
  6. djryval

Ok. I've also considered Moen because those have a cartridge which doesn't look to hard to replace should the need arise. They also have a few single handle designs which are similar to what I currently am using, so I may end up switching brands anyway. If I use Delta, probably will go with a...
  7. djryval

That's cool. I checked them out at Lowes the other day and virtually every new Delta they stock which has a single handle design is using DST. The problem I have is that they feel a little cheap with the "plasticky" construction of the base and the integrated supply lines don't allow for you...
  8. djryval

Has anyone installed one of the newer Delta kitchen faucets with the "Diamond Seal Technology"? Just wondering what your impression is of these or if I should avoid it altogether. I need to replace my current faucet and several of the Delta's in my price range have this new feature which...
  9. djryval

Loose faucet base problem

I have a single handle delta faucet in my kitchen and when you push the spout from one side of the sink to the other, the base of the faucet has some sloppiness to it now. It's not the actual "base", that part is secured down well with two locknuts on the underside of the sink. It's the part...
  10. djryval

Thump sound when turning on the water, (kitchen faucet)

Ok, I will see about trying that asap. Even if I never use the sprayer do you think that just replacing the head will fix the problem? Thanks!
  11. djryval

Thump sound when turning on the water, (kitchen faucet)

I never have been able to fix this problem but it's still makes the thump every day when I first turn the water on in the morning and usually once in the evening. If you keep running the water frequently it seems to stop, only when you let the sink sit for a little while such as overnight.
  12. djryval

1.5 gpm faucet aerator question

My house came with the 2.2 gpm aerators on all faucets and today I replaced the one in the kitchen with a 1.5 gpm to help save some water. It came from Lowes. Everything is OK but it whistles a good bit louder than the previous aerator, especially when the water is turn on all the way. Is it...
  13. djryval

Christmas light question

Update - Ended up ordering the same tree online because it was half price and swapped out the top piece I needed. Returned the defective tree to the store for a refund.
  14. djryval

Christmas light question

If the shunt goes bad, would it make a replacement bulb shine very bright like it's getting more voltage? I considered the shunt theory and getting one of those zappers, but all of the local stores are sold out. Since none were available, I just pulled the bulbs one at time and found the...
  15. djryval

Christmas light question

Right, somehow it's getting more voltage but before the first light blew it worked for a few days, now it's only about 20 minutes. It's very strange to me, something in the socket must have gone bad. I guess my only options are to take it back, or strip the lights off that section and put up...
  16. djryval

Christmas light question

I bought a pre-lit tree a few weeks ago and it had been working just fine. The tree consists of the 3 parts. Over the weekend, I noticed the top part only had about half of its lights still lit. The box says that if a bulb is blown or even removed, that the rest of the strand should remain...
  17. djryval

A/C condensation drip spout = soggy ground

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still reviewing my options, can't decide between extending the pipe or making a drywell with a few bags of rocks. I contacted the builder since the house is only a year old and they looked at the ground with me and said it's not a warrantable item. They also...
  18. djryval

Norton

Another avg free user here, been using it for years. Symantec's Norton Antivirus used to really slow down a lot of my applications so I uninstalled it and went with AVG.
  19. djryval

Free Software Download

2 very useful programs that are also free: http://www.ccleaner.com/ and http://www.recuva.com/ You can also find some things over at http://www.filehippo.com/
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks