Search results

1. flyintyler

extraction of foot valve

thanks Bob, that was my instinct, that PVC has greater strength in tension than it does in torsion. If I do get this foot valve up I will replace it with gavanized pipe like Speedbump said. Is there a good way to lubricate the downpipe so the leather will slide? Thanks again. Tyler
  2. flyintyler

extraction of foot valve

well pipe I tried turning the suction pipe with the foot valve and it just won't budge. Since it's PVC it is quite flexible and I can turn it almost a full turn but I don't want to turn it any farther for fear that it will break off. I don't know what to try next. Did you say there is...
  3. flyintyler

removal of foot valve

thread deleted
  4. flyintyler

extraction of foot valve

well pipe Actually it broke off right at the flange and is sitting higher than the down pipe.
  5. flyintyler

extraction of foot valve

well pipe the outside pipe is about 2 1/4" outside diameter and the inner pipe is 1 1/4" inside diameter. I think the well is about 45-50' deep. I tied the flange to my floor jack and tried to lift it that way. The pull was a bit off vertical so I think that's why it broke. I just thought I...
  6. flyintyler

extraction of foot valve

Hey Terry, I have a jet pump for my sprinkler system that won't hold a prime. I have pulled the pump and filled the suction pipe with a hose and it goes down. I tried to pull the foot valve up so I could change it out and I snapped off the pipe just about 2" down. It is schedule 40 PVC pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks