Search results

1. LeBlanc

HWH Boiler – how to adapt a Wi-Fi Thermostat

Hey all: Several years ago when I had never used Hot Water Heating systems, I asked whether it would be a good move to replace it with Forced Air in our northern Michigan cottage. I am so glad that this forum told me I’d be nuts to do that. We’ve really liked the GWA-105N-I natural gas fired...
  2. LeBlanc

Frozen line - OK to leave power on?

I have a frozen pipe between my well head at my northern Michigan house. We visit only a few times during the winter, and I always shut off power to the pump, open all faucets, and keep the heat on its lowest setting. The feed line extends about 15 feet from the well casing to where it enters...
  3. LeBlanc

Odor - Hot Water only (within a well-water, water softener system)

We have a water-odor issue, but it's only on the Hot Water side of our well-water system (with a water softener). My family owns a house in Michigan we use sporadically. The well water system is connected to a water softener that’s been in place for about 12 years. When we leave the...
  4. LeBlanc

The Quick Connect fitting on my new WellMate pressure tank leaks

The Quick Connect fitting on my new WellMate WM-9 30 gallon tank leaks. Help. Reference my earlier post (link: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?37655-Pressure-Tank-replacement-CSV-new-pressure-switch-Several-questions), I selected a replacement WellMate pressure tank because it...
  5. LeBlanc

Pressure Tank replacement - CSV, new pressure switch ? Several questions

Our cottage/lake house has well water service from 295 feet deep, and indications are that the pressure tank bladder has failed. We do not live there permanently, but the former owners did. The pump cycling has increased to the point that if a toilet is flushed (1.3 gal?), the pump cycles...
  6. LeBlanc

Can I “winterize†the charged water feed lines in my cottage with RV anti-freeze?

Can I “winterize†the charged water feed lines in my cottage with RV anti-freeze? Posted in both the Plumbing forum and Well forum. We have a 1700 square foot lakefront home that we use as a cottage, mostly during the summer. It has two full bathrooms, one kitchen, a washer and dryer...
  7. LeBlanc

Can I “winterize†the charged water feed lines in my cottage with RV anti-freeze?

Can I “winterize†the charged water feed lines in my cottage with RV anti-freeze? Posted in both the Plumbing forum and Well forum. We have a 1700 square foot lakefront home that we use as a cottage, mostly during the summer. It has two full bathrooms, one kitchen, a washer and dryer...
  8. LeBlanc

Looking for tub with dome / canopy / hood

We renovated our bathroom in 1984 and purchased an Aker tub with a 4-piece wall and dome set. It's just a regular tub (no jets or any other special items) that cost under $400 back then and we'd really like to buy a similar unit for another renovation. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate...
  9. LeBlanc

Moving Furnace - Slab & Crawl Space questions

After viewing these postings for a while and after giving lots of thought to my options, I have decided to replace my natural gas hot water heat system with a natural gas forced air heat system. Several questions are still an issue and I'm seeking guidance. My preference is to do all of the...
  10. LeBlanc

Retrofit from Hot Water heat to Forced Air

As mentioned in other posts, we are the new owners of a cottage that has hot water heat produced by a natural gas boiler. This was the full-time, year-round residence for the previous owners. For a host of reasons we're now considering a retrofit to a forced-air natural gas furnace. Amongst...
  11. LeBlanc

Building a standpipe for a washer

We purchased a vacation home on Houghton Lake, Michigan, and we're planning substantial renovations next spring. The house is on a crawl space, the garage is on a slab, and two rooms that connect the house with the garage are also on a slab. Amongst the many items that we'll be tacking is...
  12. LeBlanc

Hot Water heat - Glycol? Other closed-system option?

We purchased a vacation home on Houghton Lake, Michigan that has a Hot Water baseboard heat system. Since we will not live there full-time and may only visit a couple of times during the winter, we're not too thrilled with having to leave the heat "ON" all winter. We've been told we should...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks