Search results

1. zhomes

Replacing plastic dip tube, almost no clearance

Any good way to change a plastic diptube when you have maybe 1 foot clearance over the water heater? I have a indirect tank that has been in service a few years. The mixing valve failed and I didnt like the fact that he original plumber ran some of the pipes so I tried to clean some stuff...
  2. zhomes

Would you use type L in a boiler/DHW indirect loop

Back in the day when copper was cheaper I would always do everything with type L. With copper prices so crazy I have been rethinking things. But for things like boiler loops I always have stuck with the L. I have a job now where the boiler primary loop is done.. did that with type L. I...
  3. zhomes

PVC into case iron hub - fitting?

My current stack is PVC except for the section in the basement. Currently it is tied together by a fernco. I need to add another wye in the basement and figured I would replace this section with pvc since what I have is a bunch of cast iron wyes that all transistion to pvc anyway. I beleive...
  4. zhomes

Connecting new bathroom to existing stack

I have a ranch house with 1 bathroom. 3" main stack passes about 8-9 feet away from the toilet in the new bathroom. Is there any reason that I can't wye off that stack(above the height of the old bathroom) and go horizontal in a ceiling soffit on first floor and pick up the new drain...
  5. zhomes

Enough Venting? - 3d models attached

I am looking to set up the bathroom as pictured below. Normally I would run a nice big stack up one of the side/interior walls of the bathroom and tie in to that. However in this bathroom there are heavy duty beams on each side of the bathroom supporting the bathroom side walls. The only...
  6. zhomes

Supporting PVC parallel to I-joist

Supporting PVC parallel to I-joist normally when I run PVC drains parallel (in between) two joists I add support by cutting 2"x4" and nailing them between the joists under the pipe. This is assuming I am running right down the middle and not up against the joist where I can secure it another...
  7. zhomes

2nd Floor Washer/Waterheater - Overfloor Floor drain tie in.

I have a question about how to attach a floor drain to the trap for a washer. My plan was to do something similar to this(picture taking from another thread) My horizontal drain that runs off of the washer discharge is running under(accross) a set of ceiling joists toward the back of the...
  8. zhomes

Table of Gallons (fractions of) per foot of copper/pex?

I have a master bath addition that has a shower with a regular head and 3 body jets(2.5 gpm per).. the body jets have me looking to run a 3/4" hot and cold up to the shower. Of course I always try to run the smallest available line so that the hot water takes the least amount of time to reach...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks