Search results

1. BrianL

SLow Faucet

Hello All, I have a 2 year old Kohler single-control kitchen sink faucet (model number K-10412). For the last few months the pressure has been falling, both the cold and hot water equally. The hand sprayer is still OK. Removing the aerator has no effect. I took the body apart today...
  2. BrianL

Central Vac Plumbing

Maybe off forum-topics, but it does involve PVC pipe! Has anyone plumbed a home/business for a central vacuum system? I found a few web pages with descriptions, but wondered if anyone has done it themselves. Doable? Any tips? I am looking at DIY on new construction Thanks!
  3. BrianL

PEX bath re-do

Just finished re-plumbing my 2nd floor master bath (2-head shower, 2 sinks and 1 toilet). What do you think about these connections? Will they pass inspection? There is an uninsulated area to the left, so the pipes are covered in insulation. Thanks. --Brian
  4. BrianL

Delta shower faucet opinion

Just about to purchase a couple of faucets for the master bath. Had anyone used the T18255 series? It has 'body sprays' built into the faucet. Seems like a gimmick, but the price is right. Here is a link...
  5. BrianL

Price Pfister faucet conversion

OK, bought a PF 01.801 tub and shower 3 valve diverter. Oops, in the mean time decided to junk the tub and go for a shower. Can I remove the diverter valve and put a plug in that hole and the tub filler hole? ie - convert this body into a shower-only body? I'm asking because I bought it...
  6. BrianL

I can hear the groans

OK, knock-off vessel bowl faucet. Commence the groans. Please hear me out, I have 2 questions: 1. To connect Pex, I threaded on an adapter. Even with 5 turns of teflon tape and dope, the adapter bottoms out in the housing. It seemed kinda loose when I put it in dry. I know its crappy...
  7. BrianL

Toilet connection

Hello All, Getting ready to re-tile my bathroom. Need to add some plywood, and will have cement board and tile on top. Is there an extension I can add to this, or do I need to cut out, extend the pipe, and add a new connector (sorry, I cant think of the name of this thing)? I am assuming...
  8. BrianL

Critique, please

Hello all, Just finished a polybutylene to PEX conversion. Please help me learn, anything you would do different? 1. How else would you secure PEX when coming up from the bottom of a sink cab? It seems kinda floppy. 2. I added an expansion tank after putting in new pipes and hot...
  9. BrianL

Expansion tank help

Thanks for all the help in the last few weeks. Hopefully one last question. 1992 house, no expansion tank off the hot water heater. The house does have a pressure regulating valve, but no backflow that I can find (I think the PRV acts as one?). I am installing a new water heater, should I...
  10. BrianL

Pressure Regulator install Q

OK, bought a Watts residential pressure regulator, but am confused. It came with one nut/washer assembly. Which end does it go on, and do I need it? I am using PEX connectors which will fit without this nut. See attached pic. Thanks for the reply, I am trying to get this done on Sunday...
  11. BrianL

Pressure issue in residential home

Hello all, Thanks for the previous replies on my PEX system. I have been in this home for 1 year. In the last month we have had a pressure issue. Pressure at an outdoor spigot is 60psi, drops to 15 when an indoor faucet is opened. Pressure goes back up in ~3 minutes if the faucet is...
  12. BrianL

Pex retrofit Question

Hello All, I am a DIY replacing polybut. plumbing throughout my 2-story house with PEX. I am doing it piece meal as I renovate the home. My next project is the upstairs bath which has two sinks, toilet and separate shower/bath. That is a total of 5 cold lines and 4 hot. Current setup has...
  13. BrianL

basic tub question, but big help for me!

I just installed a jacuzzi-style fiberglass tub. I am having a leak at the main drain coming out of the tub. Using a brass type drain and overflow parts, there is a rubber gasket at the tub/drain interface. Is it OK to use plumber's putty on either side of the gasket? I question, because...
  14. BrianL

PVC Oopsie Q?

OK, poor planning. Putting in a new tub, attaching drain setup and had already applied purple stuff and cement to both ends of the PVC but forgot to do something else first which prevented me from putting the PVC together. I cleaned off the cement with a cloth before it cured. Can I still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks