Search results

1. BrianL

SLow Faucet

Awesome, thanks guys, worked like a charm! --Brian
  2. BrianL

SLow Faucet

Got it OK, got the part (Kohler sent a new valve and o-rings as well). I have the diagram of the faucet, but cant figure out where the actual diverter goes. Do I take apart the base of the faucet (ie - completely remove the faucet and take it apart), or is there someway to get at it from...
  3. BrianL

SLow Faucet

Holy Smokes ... ... Batman, that was fast! That makes sense, I will call tomorrow! Thanks a ton, --Brian
  4. BrianL

SLow Faucet

Hello All, I have a 2 year old Kohler single-control kitchen sink faucet (model number K-10412). For the last few months the pressure has been falling, both the cold and hot water equally. The hand sprayer is still OK. Removing the aerator has no effect. I took the body apart today...
  5. BrianL

Central Vac Plumbing

Awesome Thanks for all the great tips!
  6. BrianL

Central Vac Plumbing

Maybe off forum-topics, but it does involve PVC pipe! Has anyone plumbed a home/business for a central vacuum system? I found a few web pages with descriptions, but wondered if anyone has done it themselves. Doable? Any tips? I am looking at DIY on new construction Thanks!
  7. BrianL

PEX bath re-do

Just finished re-plumbing my 2nd floor master bath (2-head shower, 2 sinks and 1 toilet). What do you think about these connections? Will they pass inspection? There is an uninsulated area to the left, so the pipes are covered in insulation. Thanks. --Brian
  8. BrianL

Delta shower faucet opinion

Just about to purchase a couple of faucets for the master bath. Had anyone used the T18255 series? It has 'body sprays' built into the faucet. Seems like a gimmick, but the price is right. Here is a link...
  9. BrianL

Price Pfister faucet conversion

OK, OK, OK. You've convinced me. I just thought it was odd that this same setup has never been an issue (too hot of water, change in pressure, etc). Maybe because I have a pressure regulator on the incoming water line from the main? I will go get the delta 1700 like everyone else and live...
  10. BrianL

Thank you guys for your responses, I really do appreciate it. I guess my hesitation is that I have this same setup (although used it with a tub/shower) in another home (bought 3 sets at the same time), and it works great. Can I put in a plug? I have a shower-only version and it has a hole...
  11. BrianL

Darn, does that mean these should be thrown out? I dont know exactly what a pressure balanced shower valve is, but this 15 year old house certainly does not have one, and i have had no issues with the shower. Short of buying new, can I just plug off those open holes? It is brand new, and...
  12. BrianL

OK, bought a PF 01.801 tub and shower 3 valve diverter. Oops, in the mean time decided to junk the tub and go for a shower. Can I remove the diverter valve and put a plug in that hole and the tub filler hole? ie - convert this body into a shower-only body? I'm asking because I bought it...
  13. BrianL

I can hear the groans

Thanks... ... for all the info - even the phallic references. I just finished the install, will drywall tonight and start the remainder of the renovation next weekend. --Brian
  14. BrianL

I can hear the groans

Well, they thread fine when done dry, so they are they are not metric. There does not appear to be any place in the housing to fit a gasket (like in the pressure regulator I just installed), and it did not come with a gasket. Also, no instructions came with the product. Good quality stuff...
  15. BrianL

I can hear the groans

OK, knock-off vessel bowl faucet. Commence the groans. Please hear me out, I have 2 questions: 1. To connect Pex, I threaded on an adapter. Even with 5 turns of teflon tape and dope, the adapter bottoms out in the housing. It seemed kinda loose when I put it in dry. I know its crappy...
  16. BrianL

Toilet connection

Hello All, Getting ready to re-tile my bathroom. Need to add some plywood, and will have cement board and tile on top. Is there an extension I can add to this, or do I need to cut out, extend the pipe, and add a new connector (sorry, I cant think of the name of this thing)? I am assuming...
  17. BrianL

Critique, please

Hello all, Just finished a polybutylene to PEX conversion. Please help me learn, anything you would do different? 1. How else would you secure PEX when coming up from the bottom of a sink cab? It seems kinda floppy. 2. I added an expansion tank after putting in new pipes and hot...
  18. BrianL

Expansion tank help

Wow ... ... you guys are the best. I will be working on it tomorrow, will let you all know how it went. Thanks a ton, --Brian
  19. BrianL

Expansion tank help

Thanks for all the help in the last few weeks. Hopefully one last question. 1992 house, no expansion tank off the hot water heater. The house does have a pressure regulating valve, but no backflow that I can find (I think the PRV acts as one?). I am installing a new water heater, should I...
  20. BrianL

Expansion tank and boiler

Expansion tank in older home Thanks for all the help in the last few weeks. Hopefully one last question. 1992 house, no expansion tank off the hot water heater. The house does have a pressure regulating valve, but no backflow that I can find (I think the PRV acts as one?). I am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks