Search results

1. J

Yellow water from new electric water heater

The valve could possibly be in backwards which I have read could mix hot with cold, which would explain why the yelloe water from the heater is seen in the cold even with the heater valve off. Thans for all the replies, this gives me a place to start if I make it there today.
  2. J

Will shower valve in backwards mix hot with cold?
  3. J

I will check to make sure I plumbed the heater correctly. The cold is clear with the heater valve off(and drained). With heater valve off and heater full, the cold is yellow. I believe this to be an isue with a shower valve in backwards, I will hopefully check that today.
  4. J

pipes are copper, would it be unusual to just get a bad water heater, maybe rusted inside for some reason?
  5. J

I replaced the 38 gallon lowboy electric water heater in a rental condo in preparation to sell. I am getting yellowish water from the new unit even after filling it and draining it twice. Is this normal to get yellowish water from a new unit? Also having the yellow on the cold when the new...
  6. J

water lines through attic?

Thanks, the distance in the attic will only be 2'.
  7. J

water lines through attic?

Is it acceptable to run water lines for my shower remodel through the attic? The feed lines are coming up through the floor of my 2 story house, yet I do not want to rip up the subfloor. Can I run these lines up through the ceiling/attic and bring them down through another wall? I live in...
  8. J

Solder supply lines to valve or use threaded?

Installing a Delta R18222 shower valve in master bath. Both the outputs are solder connections, yet the inputs are threaded. Shouldn't I solder these as well since they will be enclosed?
  9. J

Shower drain relocation through joist

I am using a Kerdi Drain which mounts slughtly above the subfloor as a mortar base goes underneath. I am uncertain how to support the p-trap. I need to reread the instructions for setting the Kerdi Drain, yet I know it gets pushed down into a mud base, something has to provide resistance from...
  10. J

Found the vedor specs on the web, thanks for the tip. Still unsure how to support the drain pipe....
  11. J

Thanks for the quick reply. When I removed the fiberglass 3x3 stall, the drain was not supported by anything, maybe this is correct for the type of shower. I will be installing a tiled shower(schluter products), don't I ned to support this on it's own before putting in the mud floor? What woudl...
  12. J

Thanks Jim- I will see if I can view the vendor info through the hole in the floor. Can you advise on whether the angle on the drain would be OK? John
  13. J

Expanding my shower and wish to move the drain which will go through a joist. The joist are 12" I type and shown in red. I hacked off the vent pipe, yet it will remain where it is and angle to the back wall, then up. The blue line is what I was hoping will be acceptable for the drain location...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks