Search results

1. Grazzy

Kohler Rochelle - Replacement Flush

Rochelle flush valve replacement Lowe's sells a 1B1X replacement for about ten bucks and this can be combined with the fluidmaster 555 flapper. Total cost of the fix less than $20. Takes a little ingenuity to run the hose from a diverter valve to the hole for the bowl, but the end result is...
  2. Grazzy

Kohler Rochelle K3385-EB Ballcock & Flushvalve Replacement and Repair

K-3385 repair I am still stuck with a couple of these brass units that sell for anywhere from $240 to $389. I took an impact wrench and a 1-1/16" socket to remove the check plunger which has a groove and a little gasket (part no. 20504) that seems to have failed, causing the continuous leaking...
  3. Grazzy

Kohler Rialto K-3402-PB toilet

the 1B1X after-market replacement is now available at Lowe's for $9.99.
  4. Grazzy

Kohler Rialto K-3402 - Flush Ball replacement

thanks for the info.
  5. Grazzy

I've never seen those in the big box stores. where do you buy them?
  6. Grazzy

Kohler K3434 Rosario toilet repairs

If you MUST use a substance like vaseline, make it K-Y JELLY which is not petroleum based.
  7. Grazzy

Clogged shower drain...

the $150 charge was probably the best deal i got the whole week. when it gets that bad, it's time to pick up the phone. i believe that's what i was saying, but thanks for repeating it. if non-plumbers didn't try it first, we'd miss out on a whole lot of fun. I've only had to call for...
  8. Grazzy

Replace flush valve on old Kohler 3402PB?

ferguson's carries the kohler conversion flush valve kit for $37 bucks. it has three anchor bolts to anchor it into the triangle in the bottom of the tank. the flapper might still leak a little, and if it does get a plumbpak 23592 or one suggested by redwood in another thread. i'd clean all...
  9. Grazzy

leak - help!

LOL. good one. :p
  10. Grazzy

50 year old toilet backs up sometimes

i'd get a plumber to clean that drain out and then get him back in another 50 years whether it needs it or not. :D
  11. Grazzy

Clogged shower drain...

i went thru the same experience when the missus stuffed most of our worldly possessions down the garbage disposal. I tried the hose and bladder trick, liquid drano, 15' snake and the whole bit before giving up. when the plumber came i told him about the drano, but i had already used the...
  12. Grazzy

what has worked the best for me is the plumbpak 23592. remember, i have the conversion float valve with the hooks on the side. i had to get a plastic chain from a fluidmaster kit because the metal one kept kinking on me, and i also had to fit one of those black plastic washers on each hook to...
  13. Grazzy

Lowe's recently started carrying the fill valve for $9.98. The flapper is tougher, even the kohler replacement doesn't work well. i got one at ferguson's for about $4.00.
  14. Grazzy

Kohler Persuade Review, pictures and comments

i have six of the older model kohlers from the eighties. the brass fill valves cost about $200 apiece, and for the others, you can't even buy the plastic fill valve or any part within it, without replacing the flush valve and fill valve ($92 for the kit). Fortunately Lowes has started carrying...
  15. Grazzy

Help! Toilet tanks keeps leaking...

well, at least a couple of answers responded to the new member's post. :confused:
  16. Grazzy

How to increase low flow toilets water flow

is it also illegal for the do-it-yourself-er?
  17. Grazzy

Still need a plunger

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?p=118115#post118115
  18. Grazzy

Toilet drain line carry question

sometimes the plastic pipe gets bowed down when they pour the concrete floor. this creates a slight hill to go up making obstruction of the pipe more likely. throw in the water saver toilet and some teenage girls using two-ply toilet paper and whatever else they might use and you have a recipe...
  19. Grazzy

Best toilet supply line.

i like the braided stainless also for durability. occasionally i've had some problems with them leaking where they connect to the fill valve, but i believe that was the fault of the valve rather than the line.
  20. Grazzy

Kohler 1-pc Rialto flapper leaks

you are correct, but i believe the one they are now selling is the rectangular valve with the hooks, and it has a problem similar to the one described in this thread with the flapper not seating correctly all the time. the fix for it was pretty simple. dx said he's about to try that valve and it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks