Search results

1. dunstergirl

Single handle shower/tub valve recommendations for good flow rate?

Getting ready to renovate the bathroom and want to find a good quality single-handle mixing/diverter valve that will give us good flow rates at the tub AND shower spouts (before shower head). I was very unhappy with the flow rates from the Moen I put in my last bathroom a couple of years ago...
  2. dunstergirl

new tub, weird flange

Found instructions, seems the boys took them out of the box. Says to pin it to the wall with screws. Haven't yet but tub has some sort of support along long end and also adjustable legs, which we used to ensure it was level both ways. Will only attach along long side as my effing house is not...
  3. dunstergirl

new tub, weird flange

60" x 32" x 20.5". My friendly local plumbers have it plumbed in now but not attached to wall.
  4. dunstergirl

new tub, weird flange

No instructions I could find, in box or on line. Dee Bath Products, imported by Can-Cell Industries, special order for Canadian Tire.
  5. dunstergirl

new tub, weird flange

OK, so I listened to your wise voices and bought a new tub (acrylic, white, my kid loves it which is all that counts, I guess). But it has a weird flange, NOT flat, 1/2" lip, then down to another 1/2" lip, then to tub. SO I am wondering: a) how to anchor it to the wall and b) where...
  6. dunstergirl

nasty old rusting nails

K so what is the high end? I am bowing to the inevitable and thinking yes should replace tub, as I want this whole effort to last forever (at least until I die or sell the house). But I really want grey, not white, nothing fancy just your basic 5' x 30" tub (that is all that will fit) and NOT...
  7. dunstergirl

nasty old rusting nails

Tub would be almost impossible to get out without wrecking another wall, tho it could be done. But I can't find any steel tubs in grey (the colour scheme) and DON'T want acrylic. Is there anything I could do to the few tiny rust patches to extend its life? As I said, none will be visible (once...
  8. dunstergirl

nasty old rusting nails

It appears to be an enameled steel tub. I REALLY don't want to replace it, as it is in good condition, except a wee bit of rust in a couple of spots on the side and flange (won't be visible). BUT, just so I know, what's a lifespan on those things? This one is ~20 years old. Long side of tub...
  9. dunstergirl

nasty old rusting nails

Only because I want to give the tub a thorough clean before installing new cement backer board around it and then tiling - worried about old rusty nails that maybe don't need to be there...
  10. dunstergirl

nasty old rusting nails

Renovating the bathroom. Have the old fake tile out and drywall, down to studs and the tub, which has finishing nails (rusting) holding the tub flange to the wall (as if). Can I take these out? Does a tub actually need those? As they are all sticking out a bit and seem to be adding no structural...
  11. dunstergirl

Toto ecodrake not filling

Hi, thanks for the reply. Mine is the non-repairable type, pretty cheesy plastic thing, BUT what I did today was take it out of the tank and wash it really well (mostly the outside but ran water into the intake end, shook things around, etc., nothing to lose), blew into the place the water is...
  12. dunstergirl

Toto Eco Drake Problem

Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the same problem and the same unit.
  13. dunstergirl

Toto ecodrake not filling

Has anyone ever disassembled the innards of a Toto tank? Crap in my water has created a clog somewhere in the works so that it no longer fills (no water comes out of the fill tube). This is an Eco Drake (the unit inside the tank is green). Before I take it apart I'm wondering if others...
  14. dunstergirl

Efficiency of the Drake 4.8 tank

The toilet I just installed is the 4.8 Drake, and (apart from hairline crack in tank) we are thrilled with it, sucks everything down even under less than ideal circumstances. Because of the crack we wait until a flush is needed, turn on the water to the tank, let it fill, flush, then turn off...
  15. dunstergirl

couple of toilet installation questions

:( it was all so good, did everything per instructions, got it all installed, my kid had the first pee, yeah! Me the second. After all we'd been without toilet all day! But then moments later I saw water behind the seat near the tank. Wiped it up, it kept coming. Thought maybe it was leaking...
  16. dunstergirl

Thank you thank you thank you! That was all I needed to know. Now just waiting for stuff to dry so I can get the floor down so I can FINALLY get my new toilet installed - yeah! Lelani
  17. dunstergirl

Hi all, I FINALLY got my Toto Drake and hope to install it in a few hours - first have to lay the new flooring (figured might as well get everything done at once). I'm NOT a plumber, just a DIY homeowner, though I have removed and then put back the old toilet once or twice. The...
  18. dunstergirl

Toto Drake in grey?

actually I misspoke (in case plumber neighbours read this forum :), we (the community) decided to install Totos at the hall and after asking local plumber about costs he got supplier to donate one and he donated the other two and labour to install, so actually the community didn't spend a dime...
  19. dunstergirl

Toto Drake in grey?

Was here a couple years ago doing research for our community hall, after which we bought 3 Toto Drakes and never looked back. Now I need to replace our home toilet, absolutely want a Drake, but unfortunately the original bathroom fixtures (tub, sink, toilet) are all grey. Is the "bone" option...
  20. dunstergirl

Can't get pressure tank above 24lbs, jet pump

Sorry to butt in as a non-plumber, but did you ever solve this? I'm wondering if you don't have air in the line from well to pump - if you ran dry at any point in the past then you have to get ALL the air out of the line before it will work properly. I don't have a well per se, but a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks