Search results

1. Nail Bender

Wiring a Spa. Do I use #8 awg or 6/3 romex slimpull ?

Yea I don't have a hole saw .What is a LB/Chase nipple and what does it look like? As far as the pvc/flex joint. What is a better way of getting it under the sub or is there an adpter to fit it in the main on top that is appx. 2 1/2" wide? Yea I wouldn't want the work to be obvious that a...
  2. Nail Bender

Ok I like you guys to look at this and give me your expert opinions. The diagram shows the neutral and ground on different bars. If you look at the sub I have here, there is only one bar. I bought a spare bar to install but I would like to consult with you all first. Let me know what you all think.
  3. Nail Bender

Oh ok ,I was just planning on taking nm out of structure and run it the 5' in conduit to panel.
  4. Nail Bender

I just assumed they would be available but never checked on that yet, not to mention the price. I usually never have trouble locating things here in the city . I'll let you know tommorow.
  5. Nail Bender

Bob, If I run nm thru the attic and out the soffit down 5 feet to a sub panel, Do I still need to run THWN wire for the exterior 5 feet pre-sub portion? If so where will I splice down to Thwn? I know post sub panel I will have to run THWN to the circuit board.
  6. Nail Bender

I should be ok with the six feet rule. It might end up between 5 -6 feet anyway.
  7. Nail Bender

No it did not. This is a used spa handed down to me by a friend. I will try and find out the spec on it.
  8. Nail Bender

Thanks Petey and Alectrician I value all your advice and I will follow the given instructions. Aaand I am sure I will have another question on this very topic as soon as I go to the next step (i.e. sub panel):) For ex. which sub panel will be adequate for this job ? I found this...
  9. Nail Bender

The dryer breaker is 2" wide and I discovered that HD has a 30 amp 2 pole breaker but half the width or @ 1".and a 50 amp 2 pole cbrkr 1" wide as well. I was thinking of taking out the double wide dryer cb and replacing it with the two mentioned above. Will this work for what I am trying to...
  10. Nail Bender

Thanks Aelectric and Petey. I got confused there for a minute but, that (6/3) is what I was planning to use I just wanted to consult with you all first. Just went out this morning and bought 6/3 wg romex. Now about the limited amount of slots in my main panel. I am planning to replace the...
  11. Nail Bender

Thanks guys for the info. Petey, here is an image of the diagram. I'll try and post maybe this will answer this question. So do I use 6/2 nm x2,run them together and use one of the insulated conductors as ground, ignoring the bare ground in the nm wire?
  12. Nail Bender

OK what about installing a breaker for this when my service panel has only one slot left and a 240v brkr not being used?
  13. Nail Bender

Thanks for replying Speedy Petty. This next question will reveal my electrical skill level but never fret I follow good instructions. ..So what does "nm" exactly mean? lol. I thought that was your typical white insulation type romex.
  14. Nail Bender

Hey guys any help you could offer this fearless D.I.Yer would greatly be appreciated. I'm getting ready to wire a Spa (hand me down)that will be installed in my back yard. The challenge is how to do it in the most cost efficient way and still be up to code. My service panel is located in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks