Search results

1. Grimace

Full replacement window

I ordered a full replacement window and it looks like I got just a pocket replacement window. No nail fin, no flashing, etc. Can I make this work, and how? I have access to aluminum to use for flashing.
  2. Grimace

Water meter size

Is there any point in having 3/4" water piping in the house if the meter in front of it all is 5/8"?
  3. Grimace

What do you do if you have a 26ft roof and only a 24ft ladder?

I think this guy figured it out! oh yeah he did!
  4. Grimace

Set cast iron tub in mud??

I would think that the mud would help distribute the weight over a larger area.
  5. Grimace

yellow/orange spots

Here are 2 different spots. Hard to get a good picture in the light. pic 1 pic 2
  6. Grimace

yellow/orange spots

Just in the last few weeks, a yellow/orange spot has started to show in the grass under each of my maple trees in my backyard, about 6 feet from the trunk. We have only been here for 2 years and I remember these from last year also. Any idea what it could be? The stuff gets on your feet/shoes...
  7. Grimace

Gurgling Sink After Remodel

If it didnt have a trap then wouldnt this sink have vented sewer gas into the basement?
  8. Grimace

Unions. Yes or NO?

Unions or not, seems like all these plumbers here do pretty good, carrying around laptops all day on the job posting to forums!:D
  9. Grimace

I'm blue!

I got the blue Flush-n-Sparkle, solved both problems :)
  10. Grimace

I'm blue!

That sounds like the plan I'll look into, thanks! That is a good one, I like it!
  11. Grimace

I'm blue!

Maybe a marketing genius could come up with a "yellow" one! If the wife seen it on TV she would believe it. I couldn't convince her that hydrochloric acid was the same thing as muriatic acid and I work in a chemistry lab!
  12. Grimace

I'm blue!

Thanks guys. I ended up using soft-scrub with bleach and a green scrub sponge. It came right off. I keep trying to convince the wife that the blue stuff isnt needed.
  13. Grimace

I'm blue!

I had to replace the inlet valve assembly on my toilet (whatever thats called) and now I got that blue tank dye stuff on my hands and it won't come off. I've scrubbed and scrubbed and its still there. Any tips on getting it off my hands? My wife doesn't want me picking up our 15 month old...
  14. Grimace

Ballpark Costs for Rough Plumbing for New Bathroom Addition

Outfield seats can be pretty cheap, say 10 bucks? It's also a good idea to eat a hearty meal before going, this will help avoid forking over a lot of cash for the over-priced food they sell (although beers are a must!) Keep the kids away from the rip-off souvenir stands and take public...
  15. Grimace

Kitchen Cabinets

Amen brother
  16. Grimace

AC Condenser Cover

I was wondering what people's opinions are on these. We just bought this house in July and the AC system is only a few years old. The previous/original owner is an older guy who actually helped build the house and he is a wealth of information. He told me to never cover up the condenser with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks