Search results

1. jerzeegirl

Bosch diswasher

Follow up I know it just doesn't seem right to have water there but it's there for a reason. The water apparently lubricates the rubber seals in the unit and pump. I read somewhere that if you are going to be away for several months, you should pour an ounce of cooking oil into the standing...
  2. jerzeegirl

Bosch diswasher

I should have asked how much water and where it is located...... Is the water you are talking about in the filter well? If so, then it is normal. I always have a little bit of water in the filter well that remains there constantly. When I first got the dishwasher I called because I thought it...
  3. jerzeegirl

Bosch diswasher

I am neither an expert nor a plumber but I am a Bosch dishwasher owner and recently had the very same problem. My dishwasher is about 6 years old. The pump had to be replaced and it cost about $200. The repairman also recommended that we run a special dishwasher cleaner through the system...
  4. jerzeegirl

Water Heater About to Blow - Need advice!

Ah California.... lol! Hurricanes vs. Fires and Earthquakes. I lived in California for two years in the late 1970s - in a handmade cabin in Canyon (located between Montclair and Moraga - near Oakland). Beautiful place - I wonder if it's still there. :-)
  5. jerzeegirl

Wh That is an interesting story! I think we do have a lot of passive solar gain in the attic. In fact, here is a question I have been mulling over: Assuming that insulation keeps the heat from getting into the tank as much as it does from getting out, I was wondering if there is a point...
  6. jerzeegirl

Lol! Tell that to my husband. I would turn it off in a sec. Already I had a battle with him to keep it at 80 degrees (which is pretty pleasant to me).
  7. jerzeegirl

This is a surprise My husband and I just took an energy audit given by TECo electric and discovered something shocking. We average $125 on water heater charges a year and our dryer charges are about $40. The biggest part of our bill is air conditioning and our spa (surprising!). The...
  8. jerzeegirl

Am I being irrational? Here's the deal. In Tampa, the gas company will trench the gas in for free as long as we run two appliances. There is a $525 conservation rebate for water heater and $100 each for gas stove and gas dryer. We were going to take advantage of the rebates. Plus the $300...
  9. jerzeegirl

Decision has been made We got another plumber over this morning and his quote was around $900 to install a Rheem (he would decommission the old tank but not remove it from the attic). So we told him to go ahead. We will install this water heater for now as a stopgap and then continue to...
  10. jerzeegirl

About price I was quoted $1,400 for a 40 gallon Rheem, which included a $200 extra attachment (don't remember what it's called, but it's necessary for code purposes - if I refuse to get it I have to sign a waiver). He said it was more expensive because he needed an extra helper (because of the...
  11. jerzeegirl

This is getting ugly..... In the middle of this water heater problem, another problem developed. We thought it was unrelated. We had a strange leak in the corner of our dining room. We had a plumber come over and he couldn't figure it out. Then we had a handyman come over and he put a hole...
  12. jerzeegirl

Water Heater Thanks for replying! Regarding the electric tankless, I am in Tampa FL. Does that make a difference?
  13. jerzeegirl

I am in a pickle! I was so happy because I was getting ready to convert to gas. I was planning to buy a gas tankless water heater. Unfortunately my happiness is fading fast. It will take about a month to get the permit for gas. In the meantime, my old 22-year old Rheem has decided to start...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks