Search results

1. Rod M1

Well pump won't prime?

The well is 30ft down with 20ft of water in it 1-1/4 pipe new point Goulds J7S jet pump. The pump whose tested last summer on another well and worked fine. The system will hold presser from the check valve threw the plumbing system don't think its a leak there. From the well point to the check...
  2. Rod M1

New well pump pressure surge?

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my new Goulds j10s. It seems to build pressure well if not using any water but shortly after the pump hits cut-on pressure when using the sprinkler it will drop from 30psi to like 20psi with surges to 30psi. I'm using 1 oscillating lawn sprinkler trying to...
  3. Rod M1

Garden sprinkler system jet pump setup?

My cheep jet pump finely died and would like to get a good setup this time. If I remember right the well tank is just to control the pressure gage and for small amounts of water. Since it a garden sprinkler system and I don't use small amounts of water all the time. Can I use a 2 gallon bladder...
  4. Rod M1

New Irrigation System Install? Not reaching cut of pressure.

When system is in use the pump never reaches the cut of pressure of 60 instead it will stay around 55psi (depending on how much water I'm using). Everything else seems to be working grate. Is that because I reached the perfect recovery rate of the pump? It worked fine at 30/50. Pump - Goulds...
  5. Rod M1

Sizing irrigation pump and tank with unknowns?

At the moment I have a new 1 1/4 driven well with the known spects bellow. I'm planing on installing a sprinkler system in the next several years but for the moment will be using 2 oscillating sprinklers at the same time. I'm looking at the Goulds J7S or J5SH. With this information can you make...
  6. Rod M1

Check valves what ones work the best?

I'm going to install a shallow well jet pump and looking for a check valve the spring presser on most are very light maybe 1 pound. The plumbing store sells a 5lb check valve that is PVC instead of brass for much higher cost are these the way to go?
  7. Rod M1

Pump short cycling I think?

I have a Simer 2802E well pump and it's pumping grate at 7 gallons a minute. But when you close the facet it will rapidly and repeatedly cycle on and off. Dues that sound like a leak? Would it be on the suction side or presser side?
  8. Rod M1

Shower trap install?

In the attached photos what kind of fittings would I need to attach a plastic trap that should pass code to the shower drain? I wont to start with plastic at the loose connection. Link: http://www.gunco.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16048&ppuser=821...
  9. Rod M1

Well pump wont stop running with low PSI.

We only use the pump for irrigation and have had this problem for years but it seems to be getting worse. I installed a new presser switch and gage because the old switch ruptured sow I know these are good. The problem is the Well will cutoff at 30psi when not using water but when we start to...
  10. Rod M1

SouixChief hammer arresters?

If there is no hammering noticeable in a shower is it still smart to install SouixChief hammer arresters in the system? Is there any code requirements in new and old installations? What are you recommendations?
  11. Rod M1

Moen or Delta Tub and Shower Faucet?

I have an old Gerber Shower the seat keeps leaking after repeat rebuilds. I would like to replace with a new Moen or Delta Facet is one brand better and easier to rebuild then the other? I'm looking for a model like the below picture. Moen Moen 82419 Double-Handle Tub/Shower Valve
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks