Search results

1. Malibu Jim

Slow draining basin

About 1 & 1/2 years ago, we had our bathroom renovated and the company doing the work replaced the wash basin, among other things. Since then, it seems our sink is sometimes slow to drain. While running water in it, it will drain OK, then suddenly stop draining until it's 1/2 to 2/3 full...
  2. Malibu Jim

Pipes humming/whining

We have been in this house since it was built in '71. No problems until it was re-piped 2 yrs ago. Since then, we have a humming or whining every time one of the 3 outsides spigots is used. I thought this was air in the system and would work its way out, but it hasn't. As the water...
  3. Malibu Jim

Rialto 3402

We have had this in our main bath for probably 20 yrs, and although known as troublesome, we have not had much trouble with ours. About 6 mos ago, it got so that the flush handle does not come back up after being tripped, and the flapper doesn't close, and thus water runs continuously. We...
  4. Malibu Jim

Kinked disposal hose

I have run into this several times, in my house, and others. The 7/8 inch rubber drain hose from the air gap to the garbage disposal kinks. This usually results when the air gap has been located close to the disposal, but requires several bends to connect it. The disposer cannot be...
  5. Malibu Jim

Toilet Flange

We just had our bathroom floor tiled, and I noticed tonite that that toilet flange is not parallel with the tiled floor. I knew it was going to be low, and expected to use a 1/4" extender. Getting down and measuring it, it runs from 1/16" low on one side to 3/16 low on the opposite. This...
  6. Malibu Jim

Sink fixture in wall

We are starting a mild makeover of our main bathroom. The wife wants one of these vessel type bowls, so we're going to replace the counter with a granite slab, for the vessel to sit on. Now she has seen a bathroom with a vessel sink and the faucet coming out of the wall behind it. There was...
  7. Malibu Jim

Replacing Flourescent Ballast

The prevous owner had some flourescent lights hard wired in the closets of our home. These light assemblies are about 42" long and contain 2 ea F13T5 bulbs, about 20" long. They are giving out and replacing the bulbs doesn't help, so it must be the ballasts! Tried to buy the ballasts...
  8. Malibu Jim

Gas Range problem

We recently remodeled our kitchen ourselves. We have a Frigidaire gas built-in range, in a new cabinet, although it's in the same place with just a slightly longer flex line from the s/o valve to the regulator at the range itself. The new cabinet has two large drawers for pots and pans, vs...
  9. Malibu Jim

Silgranit Sink

We are working on a DIU kitchen remodel and the wife wants a Silgranit sink. I'm going to have the granite countertops done by a granite contractor and am wondering if they can undermount a silgranit sink under the counter without some sort of bracing support built-in? Seem like a lot of...
  10. Malibu Jim

Repiping

I am currently starting to remodel our kitchen, with the bathrooms to follow. Our house is 35 years old, and still has the original galv pipes. I guess it would be nice to do the remodel and repipe together, but it's not going to happen. Talking about the repiping with my son, an...
  11. Malibu Jim

Moving Kit Sink

We are contemplating remodeling our kitchen, and would like to relocate the kitchen sink about 2 ft. It is currently located just prior to an outside corner and we would like to place it in the middle of the corner. A neighbor with a floorplan similar to ours did this, and just extended the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks