Search results

1. ProxyBox

Navien NPE-a series Remote Control How-to Video

I was able to integrate an RF remote to control the internal recirculation pump in the Navien NPE-a series tankless water heaters. I own the npe-180a. The video is for informational purposes only and I don't make any warranty assurances.
  2. ProxyBox

Newer Tankless Technology - Venting & Condensate

Q1: From the past, I've always read to direct acidic vent condensate to the outside on a horizontal vent run or capture/dispose it if going vertical for condensating tankless water heaters. I've been reading up on Navien and Noritz units and they both say to tilt horizontal lines back toward the...
  3. ProxyBox

Water heater not at correct temperature at random times. Occurs inconsistently.

We own a 10 year old Rheem 40 gallon natural gas water heater that is behaving inconsistently. On certain mornings the hot water runs out near the end of the first shower. The thermostat dial temperature has never been changed and we started noticing this behavior about six months ago. Some...
  4. ProxyBox

Green Stain in Kohler Toilets (1 year old)

Hi. I have two brand new Kohler toilets (about 1 year old). Inside the bowl, green stains are starting to appear where the water dispenses around the rim. We clean the toilets twice a week so it is not a maintenance issue. I am assuming that copper is leaching and calcifying around the...
  5. ProxyBox

SURVEY: Recirculating Pump and Leaks - How many years?

Hi. I had a problem with a Grundfos recirulating pump causing wear on the return hot water line on two properties and causing pinhole (pin-hole) leaks. 1. I want to find out how many of you, plumbers and DIY's, are experiencing the same problem? 2. What did you do to solve the...
  6. ProxyBox

Braukmann D05 Pressure Valve - Bonnet Removal

Hi, I have the Braukmann D05 pressure reducing valve ( https://terrylove.com/prv_hw.htm ) and I need to replace the internal cartridge because the pressure is not holding properly. Unfortunately, the bonnet is very difficult ot break. I used various lubricating sprays, open ended wrench...
  7. ProxyBox

Hot Water becomes warm ocassionally

Hello. I was experiencing intermittent hot water and noticed that my water circulating pump wasn't working all the time. I thought that was the problem so I replaced it and completed a few other tasks with my hot water system. 1. I replaced the corroded Grundfos water circulating...
  8. ProxyBox

Novice Question: When to use check valve

Hi, I noticed a check valve installed on my old circulating pump for the water heater. I'm curious why this is necessary? I'm also interested in knowing for what other uses check valves are necessary. Thanks. I appreciate the info.
  9. ProxyBox

Leaking Brass Union

Hi, I have a Grundfos recirculating pump that I installed this weekend. I installed brass unions on each side in the event that I have to remove the assembly for repair in the future. Everything works fine, but one of the two brass unions (brand new) that I installed is leaking. I tried...
  10. ProxyBox

Whole House Water Filter

Hi, I'm thinking about adding a whole house water filter to main line. I would like to keep the filter accessible from the outside so I will not have to crawl under the house to change it. As you can see from the picture, it is very tight to put the filter in. Would it be possible to make an...
  11. ProxyBox

PEX - Wirsbo Aquapex vs. Rehau Raupex

I'm building a 24 unit apartment building. I'm contemplating putting copper in the main lines and using Pex manifold distribution nodes to each unit. Does anyone have any opinions on which brand (Wirsbo or Rehau) is better? Any experiences? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks...
  12. ProxyBox

Removing Bonnet - Pressure Reducing Valve

Hi, I recently sprung a pinhole leak in my copper pipe underneath the house. I patched it with a temporary clamp-on sleeve. I know that there are several causes of this, but I wanted to check the pressure. I reduced it from 60psi to 50psi. After I performed the adjustment, my D05...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks