Search results

1. junejulie19

plumbing of a new clawfoot tub??????

I hooked it up yesterday and did an extensive test for leaks. So far it's not leaking. But since its a newly remodeled bathroom adjasent to a newly remodeled bedroom I would really hate to drain that big clawfoot tub one day and have it leak al over the place... Could I seal it with some...
  2. junejulie19

Next years lawn question.

ok, i might not know much about plumbing but I know gardening. for one your yard is my dream, I am talking to you from my clay slopy patch at high altitude.. if I were you, I'd save the headache and go for the topsoil, now the trick is mix in with it water retaining granules - buy them in bulk...
  3. junejulie19

floor drain in bathroom

Errr.. i HOPE it is connected.. don't really know for sure... how can I check?
  4. junejulie19

plumbing of a new clawfoot tub??????

I am new at this and maybe the problem I think I have is not a problem at all.. BUT sure seems strange...I am doing a bathroom remodel, redid foor tile, walls, now am putting the clawfoot tub back. I have to mention that I had a contractor start the job and so him and his partner took the tub...
  5. junejulie19

12 gal water heater on It's side????

I dont know where you are and if you plan to use the shower year-round, but my parents made themselves an outdoor shower and used a tank for water on its side, looks kinda like the tank of a water heater and they just let it absorb the sun and it does get pretty warm after a day in the sun. very...
  6. junejulie19

turing a toilet 90 degrees

ha ha! yes I was planning on moving that water supply line later when we remove the wall that it's coming out of. for now it can wait. It is a bathroom in the master suite so I do want to make it have a bathtub and a shower. the bathtub on the other side of the room is a clawfooot so I hate the...
  7. junejulie19

so here are the pictures.. [/ATTACH]
  8. junejulie19

hang on, got the baby in one hand, measuring tape in other.. going to measure now:) back in a sec. oh and by the way, NOTHING in this house is normal:) SO I'll be damned.. its FOURTEEN from the two walls... welll.. you know we did think about taking that back wall out and basically moving it...
  9. junejulie19

floor drain in bathroom

great idea That is a great idea about cutting the tile and making a cap! Thank you, Geniescience! I think that's what I will do, it's less work and it's just very inventive! Thank you so much! Oh, the tile is natural stone, I noticed it chips a lot less on the saw than any other kind I'd used..
  10. junejulie19

thank you for replies all of you. there is more than 15 inches on the both sides of the toilet, the old toilet was an odd one -- it was long and just a huge tank behind it, the new one we got is one of the smallest on the market with a round bowl and it uses ;ess water, so a smaller tank. It...
  11. junejulie19

floor drain in bathroom

I am new at this, so I apologise, but what is a trap primer?
  12. junejulie19

oh by the way, no, there is no access from below, its in the basement. concrete floor of course. there is plenty of room in the front, to the sides, and behind. well I dont have to move the drain it looks like, but what do I do with the flange? any tricks on getting it out, so I can put in the...
  13. junejulie19

well I went and measured. we already have the toilet we want to put in and it fits fine on all sides with the tank. there would be a little extra room behind the toilet, so between the back of it and the wall, but to me it looks fine, unless its a code issue.
  14. junejulie19

floor drain in bathroom

well say I keep it. do I need a flange or something to bring it up to the new floor level, or do I remove that one and put in a new one. how hard it that to do?
  15. junejulie19

we are doing a remodel in our bathroom and I am wondering how hard is it to turn a toilet 90 degrees. Or is it maybe something to hire a plumber for? we have already taken the old toilet off and the flange there is pvc, glued to the pvc pipe that goes down from it. it seems the only way is to...
  16. junejulie19

floor drain in bathroom

we have just bought a house and are remodelling the basement bathroom. I don't know why but there is a floor drain right in the center of the bathroom. I am not sure what the use is for it and am wondering should i worry about how to tile around it and bring it up to the thickness of the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks