Search results

1. ling13323

Recommendations: short depth and 10" rough-in

Well, for anyone else in my situation, I finally picked the Gerber Avalanche and had my plumber order directly and install it for me. It's been about 9 months now, and it's been great. It only takes up a little more space than my old tankless toilet, maybe 1.5". It looks good (fits the subway...
  2. ling13323

Yeah, I thought I had the depth measurements figured out. Just trying to pick a toilet now.
  3. ling13323

But the distance from the wall to the front of the bowl can't be less than the distance from the back of the tank to the front of the bowl, right?
  4. ling13323

I have a 10" rough-in and need a toilet depth of 28" or less from wall to edge of seat. All the Totos that get the great reviews just won't fit. :( After researching this board, it seems I have these options: Toto Reliance Gerber Avalanche American Standard Cadet 3 (is there an ADA version of...
  5. ling13323

Wanted Toto Drake, but have a 10" rough-in

Pocket door would be more than I could handle right now. I'm in a little bit of a rush, need to have the toilet replaced by the end of the month. I do figure I'm limited to round front. I've heard of elongated ones that have RF depths, but haven't had success in finding them, or if they'd...
  6. ling13323

SamC, both of those have 29 1/4" depths. Far too much for my space, sadly. Any recommendations from among the options I have?
  7. ling13323

I'm in very much the same situation, with the same wishlist. In addition to the 10" rough-in I only have 29" from my wall to the door swing. I figure at most I can have 28" depth for the toilet including the space between the tank and wall. The tank-wall gap tripped me up before, and I had set...
  8. ling13323

Combining sink and toilet's water pipes?

hj, yes, that's exactly what he was suggesting, putting a T valve on the cold water under the sink, with a shutoff valve outside the cabinet. Good to know it's not uncommon. Would it be much more work to add a mixer valve under the sink then and tap into the hot water as well? That would...
  9. ling13323

Well, the latest update from a plumber who's done about 12 other units in the building is that this old building has brass rises, not copper. They go to the apartments above and below me, so they can't cut through that. He said they've been fitting a 1/2" chrome pipe through the vanity, so it...
  10. ling13323

Yeah, after typing all that out and having it clear in my head, it did start making more sense to just do the job right, rather than a stop-gap. Time to check the savings account...
  11. ling13323

Toto Drake, ADA, Sanigloss

The Guinevere too, I think. It seems like the Soiree and the Guinevere have the same specs, just different looks.
  12. ling13323

I'm a complete newbie at all this, so please bear with me. I don't know any technical terms whatsoever. I live in a 1920s condo building where there's been a regulation to replace all tankless flushometer toilets with ones with tanks. This is because there've been a few occasions where the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks