Search results

1. M

Irrigation pump tank outlet size

Thanks valveman, but I don't think I explained my situation well (no pun intended). For irrigation I've always used a small, pre-charged tank connected to the pump. I don't think the idea of the small tank is to store water, but to add some needed pressure until the pump catches up. In the past...
  2. M

Irrigation pump tank outlet size

I've got a shallow well and a 1HP pump putting out about 10-12 GPM for irrigation only. The pump discharges thru a 1" line but I currently have 1 gallon pressure tank connected which uses a 3/4" line. I want to keep my gpm and pressure up as high as possible so should I find a larger tank that...
  3. M

Drake ADA doesn't come CEFIONTECT?

Is CEFIONTECT not an available option on the ADA height toilets? Even Terry's drop down menu for the ADA Drake only offers the basics: cotton/colonial/Beige/Bone/gray and black. Unlike the original drake.
  4. M

Geothermal heatpump & re-circulation pump.

I'm installing a geothermal heat pump with a "hot water assist" (desuperheater). Which preheats the water in the water heater when the heat pump is running. Since my farthest bath is about 75 feet from the water heater I was planning on installing a re-circulation pump with a 3/4" dedicated...
  5. M

combining bath exhaust

I've got a separate shower and water closet in the bathroom and my plan was to vent these two fans up into a conditioned attic and then combine them with a separate bathroom and vent them all through the side of the house. I know there are couple of companies that make remote fans and stuff for...
  6. M

Toilet cleanout location

I've got a long run of 4" pipe that ends at a toilet. My plan was to put a combo wye with a cleanout at the bottom of the stack but I don't have enough room since the foundation wall is only about 15" away. Because of the long run the sweep 90 needs to be real tight to the bottom of the joists...
  7. M

sink drains

I've noticed in a couple of new houses being built that the plumbers don't drain the lavatory through the bottom plate. Instead they add a couple of 45's and bring it out into the living space. Is there a benefit to this???
  8. M

Plumbing Vent Size

They go by the International plumbing code.
  9. M

Plumbing Vent Size

This is getting a little more confusing than I thought. My new house is a one story "L" shape with 2 Baths on one leg of the "L" and a Kitchen + half bath on the other leg of the "L". As I mentioned earlier I have a 3" vent penetrating the roof at each leg of the "L". I really wasn't...
  10. M

Plumbing Vent Size

Hey Herk, I should have explained my situation a little more. In my haste to get my metal roof on and the house dried in (long story), I put two 3" vents through the roof BEFORE I ran any of my other plumbing pipes. I knew I was going to run a 4" building drain so I figured I couldn't go...
  11. M

Plumbing Vent Size

I know that by code "The drainage system of the building must be vented by one or more pipes whose combined cross sectional area is at least equal to that of the largest required building drain line. So..... I've got a 4" building drain and two 3" vents through the roof which means I'm good...
  12. M

Too long for Recirculation Pump?

I can wrap the pipe in some insulation without a problem. I guess I should wrap the return line of the recirculating pump as well???? So that's about 200' of pipe insulation.
  13. M

I haven't really thought about insulation. But I guess I'd wrap the pex in foam pipe insulation.
  14. M

I'm building a house that's "L" shaped with 3 bedrooms at the end of one leg of the "L" and a kitchen/half bath/Laundry in the other leg. My plan was to put the water heater right near the kitchen/half bath/laundry area so that they would get hot water pretty quickly and run a grundfos...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks