Search results

1. C

4:45 AM wake up call, The Walls are alive

Thanks for all the help Replaced the PRV and problem is solved Never figured out why the noise started at 4:45 and ended at 5am but it is gone now. CJ
  2. C

I have had my first break wrt a possible culprit. I put a pressure guage on my on my hose bib and it has a 40 -50psi flow or residual presssure and then after the water is shut off the pressure creeps back up to about 100psi. It apears that there is a PRV problem that allows the pressure to...
  3. C

It is obvious that I need an expansion tank, but I am not sure that the increased pressure in the closed system is making the noise. The question is why is it only happening a 4:45 and for only 15 min and no other time. Also since the system is supposedly a closed system with the prv Then...
  4. C

I have an icemaker that I turned off manually and I also turned off the power to entire house while the noise was happening,, no change. I will turn down the water heater to its lowest setting and see if that helps. I will get a pressure guage and monitor the pressure durring and after...
  5. C

The water heater is gas and it is not running when noise is happening. I do not have an expansion tank so apparently I do not have a PRV. What I assumed was a PRV is a valve right after the house shut off. It has a screw with a locking nut that adjusts the water pressure to the house. House...
  6. C

Thanks for the reply. The drip system is the irrigation system. Do not have a water softener I believe I do have a PRV where the city supply enters the house. I tried to adjust it while the noise was happening but it did nothing to help with the noise. I turned off the cold supply to...
  7. C

Tried to figure this one out in the archives but have failed so far. At 4:45 every AM for about 15 min the pipes are tapping about once every second. It stops only when water is running or the main shut off into the house is turned off. I have turned off the water to the drip system, washing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks