Search results

1. lmei007

Replacement for the burnt out Taco 007-F5-1IFC circulator

I have a hot water heating system. Its main circulator, Taco 007-F5-1IFC was burnt out this evening due to the flange leakage. The circulators for the individual zone are Taco 007-F5-7IFC. I have a spare new 007-F5-7IFC circulator sitting in a box. I am wondering if I can use the 7IFC to...
  2. lmei007

condensate drain issues

I just bought a 2nd floor apartment and was told by the first floor neighbor that my Carrier FB4ANF030 system was leaking. The Carrier HVAC is installed next to the bath room. The condensate water is connected to the shower drain on the right side. By looking at the system, I found there are...
  3. lmei007

Basement closet wall with foam needs drywall for fireproof?

I cannot understand this part. I cannot imagine where are these seams located? 2" and it is a full basement and almost entire basement walls are under the ground.
  4. lmei007

Basement closet wall with foam needs drywall for fireproof?

I have a closet in the basement. One of the walls has foam between the closet wall and the concrete wall. Do I have to put dry wall there for fire code?
  5. lmei007

terms in a hot water heating system and help needed on wiring

I am trying to figure out how to use the Taco SR504-exp-4 Switching Relay with my Alpine 105 gas boiler due to the changing from one zone to 3 zones. I am not very clear some terms on the instructions. Please help me. My system doesn't have a hot water sub-system attached. It is a winter water...
  6. lmei007

How to avoid burnout when soldering?

I have some soldering experiences on 1/2" and 3/4" pipes with propane. I am confident my skill on them. Today I just tried 1" with MAPP. The first joint is a 1"x1"x1/2" tee. It turned out a nightmare. It was burnout. I have to redo it. It seems that when the temperature reach to the point...
  7. lmei007

Can I continue with the flux I put on the pipe yesterday

I got ready some copper pipe joints with flux yesterday but I didn't get a chance to solder them. Can I continue to solder them or I have to clean them up and redo the flux? The flux is the Oatey #95 Tinning Flux. thanks
  8. lmei007

my new supply additions are good or not?

Are you saying I can go ahead and it should work fine or I should change the branch to 3/4" and then 1/2" to baseboards. I understand the old one zone system there is only one main. Now part of the previous main become a branch now. Branch should be smaller than real main. But what will happen...
  9. lmei007

big issue or not

hi HJ, How about put a union between the new added two zones and the existing zone in case it gets worse? Please refer to this thread to see what I mean the new two zones. I am adding two new zones to the right of the existing zone after the air scoop. With the union, only one zone will be...
  10. lmei007

All are 1" except the branches to the CI baseboards which are 1/2".
  11. lmei007

How to solder this addition?

I am adding zones to the existing water heating system. From the picture you can see starting from that pointed thread connection, the new addition is on the right side. From left to right after the male fitting, there are a 45 degree turn, a tee, a 45 degree turn and a tee again. They are...
  12. lmei007

big issue or not

I am adding zones and found there are lots of rust on one of the connections with air scoop. The system is 5 yrs old. This is the connection issue or the air scoop issue? I didn't see any wet. I may happened years ago? What I should do? leave it as is? reconnect it? replace the air scoop? I...
  13. lmei007

it's 1" main. Suggest using bigger one?
  14. lmei007

I am adding two more zones onto the existing one zone water heating system. From the picture you can see I plan to add two more supplies branches to the right with two 45 degree turns. The existing 007 circulator is taken off and will be replaced with a new 007 circulator with flow check...
  15. lmei007

work with 1" water heating main line

I will work with 1" water heating main line soon. I have soldered many 1/2" and some 3/4" pipes and fittings. But I have never worked with 1" pipes and fittings. I heard somebody said working with bigger pipe should use better solder torch. What I am using now is the basic propane torch...
  16. lmei007

put ball valve(s) on each water heating baseboard branch?

Just wondering is it a good practice to put ball valve on each baseboard branch in a water heating system? one side or both side (in and out)?
  17. lmei007

water pressure test result questons

I am installing a 16' section CI baseboard with a 90 degree turn on my first floor. It is in place and pipes go down to basement and ready to connect to the main line. I did water pressure test yesterday. I have purged all air out. The water pressure was 62psi and then I closed the water loop...
  18. lmei007

slow leak on CI baseboard (water heating) air pressure testing

I am installing #9 CI baseboard in one of my rooms. There are four sections in this big room. Three of them are longer than 10 feet. I did air pressure test on all of them with air vent installed. There is a slow leak on one of them. I can see the leakage is from the air vent with soapy water...
  19. lmei007

install coin vent at the end of the CI baseboard

I have some snug CI baseboards. I cannot use the desiged position for the coin vents. So i have to use the end 3/4" opening for the coin vents which is 1/8", I think. Then i need a adapter for this installation. By searching online, this Steel NPTF Pipe Hex Reducer Bushing is the only one I...
  20. lmei007

Any Max and Min distance requirement between branches?

Yes. You are right the new supplies and returns will have the same as the existing one, pumps and check valves will be added as well.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks