Search results

1. DoofusOfTheDay

Proper process for draining pipes for PRV or water heater and how to turn water back on

I am in need of a new PRV, well I think so I have seen a few times now where I turn on master bath vanity or shower and there is a rush of water and it takes a little more effort to turn on water like there is built up pressure. I am also close to needing new water heater. Water heater getting...
  2. DoofusOfTheDay

What are my options for cleaning up this mess?

Years ago I tapped into my water line right where it enters the basement and put a tee as you see with a threaded top to connection to irrigation lines I ran outside. Since then have retired the irrigation lines, as I found out they didn't do much for landscaping, only cost me more money each...
  3. DoofusOfTheDay

Moen single handle shower is slow to fully start and slow to stop

Our shower is probably 10 years old? shower has a single handle Moen valve. All of the sudden it's acting weird with water flow. We have one of those medium sized rain shower heads. Anyway, you start the shower and about a 2/3 of the holes fill and start spraying like they should, while the...
  4. DoofusOfTheDay

Routing gutter to cleanout

I have no idea if this is legal, good idea, bad idea, possible. But, I have an issue with one of my gutters that is washing out a flower bed, and there is no reasonable way of rerouting water, short of digging under our front sidewalk. Our sewer line(if that's what you call it) coming from the...
  5. DoofusOfTheDay

Rough Plumbing Double Vanity

Okay, helping buddy remodel master bathroom. Placing a double vanity on a wall near where the shower was previously. So, have access to a 2" drain that we've already made a hole into sill plate for. Also there is no problem going up from there to attic and tying into vent up and out through...
  6. DoofusOfTheDay

How to plug overflow hole on soaker tub

I am helping a buddy redo his master bathroom. He bought a clawfoot soaker tub and was assuming it had just the drain hole on the bottom and no overflow hole on the end of the tub. He doesn't like how the overflow pipe will look sitting all exposed, so wants to put some kind of cover plate on...
  7. DoofusOfTheDay

New Expansion Tank noise after somebody takes a shower or lots of hot water use...

I installed a new gas water heater(GE 40 gallon), and Watts(DET-5 2.1Gallon) expansion tank a few weeks ago. All is working fine, except I noticed that when somebody takes a shower or somebody turns on the hot water full bore like doing dishes in the sink, there is a little bit of noise coming...
  8. DoofusOfTheDay

Recommendations for proper way to install expansion tank with new water heater

Well, I live in a neighborhood about 15 years old. My next door neighbor's gas water heater just failed, as well as my neighbor across the street. Of course the builder didn't spend the extra nickel to put a pan and drain pipe under water heater so I am scared mine failing and damaging all...
  9. DoofusOfTheDay

Groaning Pipes - Can't stop the noise!

Some background, house is 15 years old, original water heater, and copper pipes. Water pressure coming into house is about 150psi(thanks Atlanta for the massive water pressure) with a water pressure regulator(WATTS N55B M1 - preset at 50 psi) first thing as water main enters house. I replaced...
  10. DoofusOfTheDay

Shower Head in Corner

Is it okay, or advisable to put shower head coming out of corner of neoangle shower I am building? I want to leave the valve and control on the wall where it is, to the left as you enter shower. Then route the pipe so the shower head comes out of the corner of shower. It would be the far...
  11. DoofusOfTheDay

Rebuilding shower, want new handle and head

I am remodelnig our master bathroom. Building new shower, and will keep existing tub, separated by a knee wall and glass on shower. Anyhoo, both are all Moen, new about 7 years ago with the house. I want different shower head, handle and new bath tub spout and single handle(2 handles now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks