Search results

1. dmax56

Cracked heat exchanger in furnace

A good friend of mine is selling his home and was just told yesterday that he has (and I saw) a 1/4" hole in the front corner of the heat exchanger in his gas fired heater. Is there a legitimate way to plug this hole that would pass inspection? It's obviously been working like this for...
  2. dmax56

Shutting off water supply from street

Folks, First, it's been a while since I needed to be here, but want to thank so many of your for helping me do over a bathroom all by myself--though the kids carried some boxes of tile/plaster! Anyway, bath is great and no leaks about a year later! Now, my main water shut off valve is leaking...
  3. dmax56

Water heater pressure

Folks, Hope you can help alleviate some concerns I have about my hot water heater. Quick background-- Recently replaced dip tube, anode, drain valve...had lost dip tube and this work gave us full hot water again. One week later, yesterday, found water...TP valve had opened. Replaced...
  4. dmax56

Very slow drip...must I do something?

You guys have been so great about responding to all the issues I've had with doing a new bath, I almost feel guilty asking about one little thing...but a whirlpool bath will wash that away! LOL I've got a drip in the cold faucet shutoff (1/2" finished threaded pipe and valve)...it's literally...
  5. dmax56

loosening 1/2" threaded pipe in wall

I have a tiny drip behind my wall that I'd appreciate some advice on. My 4" 1/2" satin nickel nipple wasn't long enough so I added a coupling and "close" nipple with two wraps of teflon thread (the right direction). In order to get the shutoff aiming the right direction AND tight, I'm...
  6. dmax56

Bad venting?

It seems that after building my great vent without using a 'goof vent,' all PVC to vent stack, I wonder if I went too far? The 1 1/2" vent runs horizontal to sink, then washing machine drain from higher than the utility sink drain. I added a loop above the 4' high vent...going maybe 2.5'...
  7. dmax56

Any plumber here from NJ--north central?

Anyone here a plumber working in North central NJ (Berkeley Heights) who can help me install a bathtub where a shower used to be? I've got the shower drain exposed, piping to the fixtures one pipe away from finished, but need to get the tub in and hooked up to drain. OR...anyone know of a...
  8. dmax56

Pipe problem?

...so one thing I forgot when I soldered up my new bath piping was to make sure that the fitting for my sink was flat against the wall first. As a result, I needed to push it down to fit flush. I don't think it'll ever pull out, but am wondering if as a preventive measure, I should maybe...
  9. dmax56

Grohe tub filler connections

Have a Roman Tub filler (grohe) with handshower/diverter These things all need to be soldered/sweated, so I will do 3/4" stems first into brass fittings. I'm very handy, but haven't screwed up this kind of installation before...hoping someone else has! <grin> 1. Is it okay for...
  10. dmax56

Mixing copper types

I have a 3/4" copper heating line for a baseboard hot water system and need to replace a section of it. Got the 'type' they had locally and it's thinner than my existing pipe. Is it okay to mix different thicknesses of pipe. This will be along a below grade concrete block wall behind a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks