Search results

1. jjamison

3/4 PVC to 1/2 PEX please

I purchased a SharkBite U058LFA Plumbing Fitting, 3/4 inch x 1/2 inch, Brass. It fits the 1/2 PEX just fine, but the 3/4 inch PVC does not fit. Confirm for me that PVC and CPVC have different OD? Such that if this fitting is suited for 3/4 CPVC it won't fint my 3/4 PVC because it sure seems to...
  2. jjamison

Injectors are all the same

I've always been daunted by the apparent complexity of my fleck valve injectors on a 7000 or 5810, but, and check my thinking, they are all the same differing only in the size of the hole and that's what the colors represent. And the size of the hole is based on tank diameter? So whether it's a...
  3. jjamison

Are the answers the same for an electric tank water heater?

I've been enjoying the threads: Can I just wait until my water heater fails? and Can I fix this water heater or is it time for a new one? I have a Rheem lowboy 47 gallon 82Sv50-2 manufactured and installed in 2004. I recently had hot water odor and some sediment output on the hot water side...
  4. jjamison

Do filters have injectors

For example, would a fleck 7000 carbon filter or calcite filter, backwash only, no drawing of anything, have an injector? I know they make the dummy injectors. So do filters have two dummy injectors or nothing or if they have an injector what does it do? Thank you!
  5. jjamison

Injector screen for 5810

Can y'all help me find an injector screen for fleck 5810? Diagram shows it as part number 43719. It looks like the injector screen for the 7000 except it is shallower and a bit more fragile.
  6. jjamison

Water out when Brine Drawing

I have a Fleck 5810 that has recently stopped drawing “brine” (it’s actually a katalox light tank with pot perm being drawn). I cleaned the injector (yellow and white) and screen and replaced the piston seal assembly with this part: 61956-01...
  7. jjamison

Stumped with toilet tank iron

Stumped with toilet tank iron, your thoughts would be appreciated... I’ve had my system set up for over ten years now. Occasionally things go wrong, e.g. seals go bad, and I fix it, but if nothing is going wrong, my water is great. For the last couple of months, I’ve been stumped by toilet...
  8. jjamison

Why harden then soften?

My system has first an acid neutralizing tank (calcite) next iron mitigation and then a water softener. Does adding minerals then only to remove them make sense? I try to understand the relationships between pH, KH, and GH as they pertain to aquariums, but in filtering my well water it seems the...
  9. jjamison

One of the first Fleck 5810 units leaks down backwash

I received a Fleck 5810 back in April 2017. This was probably one of the first units or the first unit sold by my retailer. I can't get rid of an intermittent leak down the backwash line. It seems it happens about every three months or less. I just manually regenerated the unit and it will be...
  10. jjamison

One water heater fine and one water heater stinks

After ten years of living in this house my wife and I built a garage with a bathroom. The hot and cold water in the garage had a persistent sulfur smell. I have a well system with injected chlorine (and iron mitigation and softener) so I installed a diverter to temporarily inject chlorine into...
  11. jjamison

Booster pump mystery

I have a Fleck 5810 valve plumbed upstream from (before) a garage booster pump with a flow control valve. Whenever my 5810 regenerates the booster pump turns on. The booster pump should only turn on when there is water flowing through the pump flow control switch to the garage plumped several...
  12. jjamison

Exhaust fan wiring

New bathroom has vanity light and exhaust vent/light/heater combo unit. There are three rocker switches in this order. a) One switch for vanity light. Two black wires. b) One switch for exhaust vent and light. They turn on together. Two black wires and one red. c) One switch heater. Two black...
  13. jjamison

Plastic Smell with softener

I have an established system where I just replaced the water softening components and now my water smells strongly of plastic. My wife refers to it as poison water. I purchased a new Enpress vortech tank, a Fleck 7000 valve, Purolite SST-60, brine tank etc. The smell was present before backwash...
  14. jjamison

Fleck 6600 wiring help needed

Accidentally removed front of Fleck 6600 in the dark without glasses and some wires detached from board. Here's a wiring diagram and picture of my wires. I can see where the black white power and black yellow VDM valve drive motor are attached. But I'm not sure about the smaller black/red and...
  15. jjamison

Brine Draw Failure

This is a Fleck 7000 that has been operating successfully for a few years. Now, brine draw is now not functioning. I should say Pot Perm draw is not functioning to be precise as this is an iron mitigation unit with “green sand”. Instead of getting draw… when I removed the brine draw/refill tube...
  16. jjamison

Fleck 5600

I want to use a Fleck 5600 valve on a 10x47 tank with 1 cubic foot of MTM (I have a Pot Perm tank and necessary connection parts). In the past the 5600 was on a 10x47 tank with 1 cubic foot of softening resin. The 5600 currently has an injector nozzle undrilled, a #1 white injector throat, a...
  17. jjamison

Dirty water after backwash

I am brand-new to this forum. My problem is that after my water softener regenerates/backwashes my water is dirty for a couple of hours. All my valves (see below) are Fleck 5600 and they all seem to manually cycle correctly. My softener is using salt and is backwashing appropriately and seems...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks