Search results

1. ron350

Broken 4-inch iron roof standpipe repair?

Thanks for the help. I will tell my aunt she will have to call a plumber.
  2. ron350

My aunt’s house is 70 miles away out in the country. Just imagine a 4 inch cast iron pipe broken off just below the surface of the roof. The pipe has a jagged break and the house is on a septic tank if that matters.
  3. ron350

Reach4 I can’t get to it through the attic. HJ what is a cast iron roof drain? Thanks.
  4. ron350

Broken 4-inch iron roof standpipe repair? On my aunts house built in 1947 the 4 inch iron sewer vent pipe that sticks out of the roof is broken off just below the shingles. What is the correct way to repair this so that I can put a seal around the pipe and keep the rain out? Is there a way to...
  5. ron350

Cast iron pipe paint?

Cast iron pipe paint? What is the correct paint (coating) to apply to old cast iron sewer pipes that are starting to rust? I ask because the original coating looks like thin tar instead of paint.
  6. ron350

Silver solder 4%?

Silver solder 4%? What is the difference between Silvabrite 96/4 and Stay Brite 96/4 silver solder? Just curious why Silvabrite is listed as 6,000 psi tensil and Stay Brite as 14,000 tensil strength? http://www.silvaloy.com/silvabrite100.php...
  7. ron350

Hand held Shower recommendation?

Thanks for the reply MoenMan and Abikerboy. The hot water tank is a 10 year old 40 gallon natural gas Rheem. Yes I want this on a wall mounted bracket that can just pivot. I have never paid any attention to hand showers before now. I had to buy the first kit with a 72” hose so we could...
  8. ron350

Hand held Shower recommendation?

Hello I am looking for good quality hand held shower kit. I have looked at Lowes and HD and all of the kits seam to have cheap vinyl hoses. I picked up a Delta 75700WH and I am disappointed with the vinyl hose and the showerhead must have a flow restrictor inside. I guess what I am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks